mike_h

Nov 9, 2000
Rich, I read almost every post on MX2T in the archives, but never heard how it is with keeping powervalves clean or not. Have you done any top-end jobs after running this, and if so, do you feel that this is an oil that will limit the amount of buildup on these parts?

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
We have been running Motul 100% synthetic (60:1) with VP MR/2 for a little over a year and have had some awesome results. No failures and the best (least) carbon buil-up on the piston/powervalve ever. We used to use Silkolene with some good results too, but nothing has surpassed Motul.
Regards

01 Cr 125
02 CR 250
:cool:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Mike, I have ran MX2T in my 300 at 40:1 and 32:1 mixed with 50/50 race/pump gas, exclusively on this top end. I will be able to answer your question in around 200 more miles. I will be replacing the entire top end at that time. I too am real curious how the powervalve is going to look. My last top end the powervalve using only Golden Spectro, was a mess!

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by mike_h
Rich, I read almost every post on MX2T in the archives, but never heard how it is with keeping powervalves clean or not.

I ran my RM150 on it all last season with the mix varying between 14:1 and 20:1 with the majority at 18:1. I pulled the top end apart at the 30 hour mark and the power valve was clean enough to not require service. Eric had the bike when I got my CR and took the top end apart some time later at approx 50 hours and saw nothing in the way of deposits either. Half of the hours on my CR125 have been run on MX2T with similar results. It's not a very scientific test or sample but I was very pleased with the results I got with MX2T and would feel comfortable recommending it based on what I've seen up to this point.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I wasn't suggesting it would be a problem, but parts tend to wear out faster with less lubrication. If you do a search, you will find some pretty convincing arguments FOR running more oil and AGAINST running less oil (such as 60:1). Anyway, this topic has been beat to death, so I'll stop there.

Top Bottom