MX2T looks like the winner

EZ-Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2000
After getting advice from Rich and others here I have been trying to ween myself off of the wonderful smelling maxima 927 castor oil and have tried several different oils and here is what I found out in MY case on MY bike. Keep in mind I played around with jetting all spring and some of the summer and I get 0 spooge with castor and silly throttle response with my current jetting and I wanted an easy swap so I wasnt willing to rejet.

All the oils were mixed with c-12 (and a little pump here and there if I was low) and run at between 26 & 32:1 and were used in a variety of riding that's mainly trail but also some wide open playriding. I do a lot of riding but I mainly ride in one of three areas so all the oils were tested somewhat under the same conditions.

Yamalube 2r- didn't run that bad would seem to give some spooge on long slow rides I would use it again, about $5.50 a bottle

Maxima super-M- spooged hi speed or low speed dripped from silencer connection as well I wouldn't run it again. I think it's about $6.50 a bottle

Honda HP2 - some spooge at hi or low speeds but not as bad as the maxima it also had a weird smell in my bike. The yamaspooge ran better so if I had to choose I'd choose the 2r. about $5.50 a bottle

Bel ray H1r- ran okay never really spooged but the bottles are small and I do way to much riding to pay $6 for that.

Mobil MX2t- I am on my second tank of this stuff and at about 30:1 and I have gotten no spooge so far and it seems like less smoke than the 2r or super-m and about the same as the H1r and the Hp2. Cost is less the $4 a bottle.

It's been posted here before but this Mobil oil is a really good value and if you believe the label it seems to offer the same protection as the more expensive oils. I can definitely say in my case it runs better than most of what I tested and costs less than all the oils I tested. Unless when I repack my silencer I get a surprise I definitely have found my new oil. This was not a scientific test it is just my results that I found when looking for a new oil. I'm posting this because it may help someone else down the road when they use the search button.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…