MX2T premix ratio

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
Will mobil mx2t mixed @ 40:1 w/pump gas be ok for a 250cc bike?I've been running it @32:1 w/pump fuel and at low speeds in trail riding it tends to not all burn.Why I ask is that most of the time i run the bike fairly hard and was wondering if 40:1 will handle in the lube department,and not kill my top end.Any users out there mixing @40:1 with results?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I've had no problems w/40:1, i just recently did a new top end and noticed a nice film of oil on the crank so no worries for me.. By the way, i use RedLine for what its worth..
RIck

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
Thanks for the replys.I'm still working on the jetting,and was thinking of trying 40:1 mixture.It being 100% synthetic oil and leaning the mixture wouldn't hurt anything,I hope!!

kev_rm

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
02'Cr Rider - That's what I run, 40:1 mobile 1 - The only time I can get rid of spooge is to get out of the woods where the bike can be ridden hard and fast. Presumably a motor ported for mid and top end like an MX is going to be hard to clean up for low speed. At least that's my excuse. The bike is jetted borderline lean on the pilot and needle. Going to a 7 plug helps alot, but scares me so I run the 8.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…