mx600

Jul 22, 2002
Some Thumpertalk members are getting together at MX573 in Montrose, PA this Saturday for some MX riding. Then on Sunday we're going up to Unadilla to watch the national. I just thought I'd pass along the invitation since at the last get together at MX573(that I didn't even know about!) I met some great DRN members.

This isn't a formal thing, so if you're interested just show up. I'll be there on a CRF450 with 600 on the plates. Hope to see some of you there.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'd like to make it but I don't have a bike hauler this weekend. Too bad because the conditions should be a lot better than a few weeks ago.

mx600

Jul 22, 2002
Sorry you guys can't make it. I think we're going to try it again the weekend of the Broome-Tioga national.

I don't know how much you guys like to travel, but we also had a ride out at Rocket Raceway, in Three Springs, PA on July 6th. It's about an hour west of Carlisle (if you know where that is). It's a really cool old school mx track with easy jumps, good dirt and the owners are great people who make sure you have a good time. They're also cutting some trails out there for guys who'd rather ride in the woods. I'll keep you posted on our next ride out there. Their website is rocketraceway.com, and a day of practice is only $15.

Another ride we're planning is at The Landing MX in Easton, MD. It's about a 5 hour drive from Binghamton, but then again so is Rocket, and that's worth it! I've never been to The Landing, but they've got 3 MX tracks with a killer sprinkler system. It's a little more costly than other places at $43/day but you get a $10 discount if you have an AMA card. They website is http://www.thelandingmx.com. Again, I'll keep you posted on that ride as well.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Rocket Raceway looks real nice and the price is right. Looks like if we get enough people together we can get a private DRN ride there as well.

Who else in interested?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Keep me posted on the ride in Easton. What little growing up I did, I did about 30 miles from there. I still have family in the area and might be able to swing a weekend trip up there.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well if Gomer goes I just may have to make the trip too. I'll start softening up the boss :eek:

Top Bottom