Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
Turns out that the 400 SX is a hot seller and the dealer that helps me out can't even get me one 'till late May. I had to take an MXC which isn;t such a bad deal since over half my races this year will be off-road.

Anyway's, will the MXC come set up pretty good for me stock? I weight 170 w/o gear and run top 10 Intermediate in both off-road and moto. Is it possible to stiffen the spring rates for moto to gain some bottoming control? Aybody have any experience Motoing and MXC. I ran my clickers pretty soft on my '01 SX. I have a pretty smooth style and prefer softer settings but don't like to clank metal to metal when I come up short on the big one!! Any feedback is appreciated!!

Coach

ml36

Aug 27, 2001
coach, the bike should be sprung pretty good for your weight and riding ability. i'm 170 myself and i ride an 01 520 mxc, but mostly hairscrambles in the MidSouth. the mxc suspension is noticeably softer than sx, though. you should be setup good for the woods. i can't comment on mx.

Oct 27, 2000
Coach,
Get on the suspension forum and ask John Curea. I had a 400mxc last year and it was way to soft stock. I am about 180lbs. John has got a great setup for the KTM's that we have been running in the early GNCC's. His imput should help you out.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom