BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
I just ran into RC and Johnny O'mara at lunch, RC said no way is he going to Belgium to race with everything going on, which is a bummer but completely understandable :( . If he isn't going, you would have to think no one from the USA is going to go. I can't wait for those people to pay for their actions!!! I wonder ( not because of our team) if they will cancel or post pone the whole thing?

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't blame RC for not wanting to go. The bad part is that's exactly what the a**holes who pulled this crap wanted--turn us on our ear and keep us from living our lives with any sense of normalcy.

I don't know how to put this into words and make it sound right, but here goes:

I think we should get on with our lives. It's like Okie keeping DirtWeek '01 going. We need to live our lives. I think our guys going over there would make a statement that these freaks can't keep us from living our lives. I think they should go over there and fly the flag, defending their title and America's honor. Like Emig used to say, since he would probably never serve in the armed forces, he felt racing the MXDN was the best way he could serve his country.

I dunno, maybe I'm all wet, but that's my opinion. I hope they go, flags at half mast, but racing for all of us and all of those who lost their lives.

Like I said, I don't want to sound crude or insensitive, but that's how I feel.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
If the Afghanistan's had a Des Nations team I would pay lot's of money just to go and practice on some moving targets.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
From www.racerxill.com

September 14 , 2001

Team USA will not attend the MXdN

Racer X has learned that a general overall decision has been made by the riders, their families and sponsors, AMA Pro Racing and Team USA officials to not attend the 2001 Motocross des Nations, which is set to take place in Namur, Belgium. An announcement will go out later today. Due to the terrible events of Tuesday afternoon, security concerns were raised about having the team to leave the country so soon after "an act of war" took place against the United States. The decision was that of the AMA and the team, not the three riders. There will be no replacement team sent from the United States to Belgium. The team was supposed to leave within ten days.

As for American fans planning to attend the event, it appears that many airlines are offering full refunds for any flights departing from the United States before the end of September.

In related news, it also appears that golf's Ryder Cup in Scotland will also probably be canceled as the American contingent, led by Tiger Woods and Mark O'Meara, does not think it wise to leave the country.

Team USA still matters, but the safety and well-being Americans matter more.

azcourt

Apr 29, 2001
I would agree that life must return to normal. As a person who takes at least one trip via airlines a week, I'm not so sure normal will come too soon, or ever be the same. I forsee a lot more driving in my future, and that is okay. I have the utmost respect for the decision to not go so far from friends and family at this time. Our lives will go on soon enough.

I can not imagine the horror af anyone in NYC or DC.
God bless the friends and families of all injured and lost.
God bless America.

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I think they should go over there and fly the flag, defending their title and America's honor. Like Emig used to say, since he would probably never serve in the armed forces, he felt racing the MXDN was the best way he could serve his country

XRP - I would have liked to see them go over and whip everybody !

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I agree Bundu, but I respect their decision.

I got this from Davey Coombs today.
Dear Dan,

I love and respect your patriotism, but you also have to have concern for the safety and well-being of these citizen racers. The team is not made up of soldiers, and no one in the world must think it wise to leave the US right now.If a state of war exists, as our commander in chief told us, this would be analagous to leaving two weeks after Pearl Harbor. Patriotic yes, but not very safe. Let's fight 'em before we go race 'em.

DC

Thanks Davey.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm with DC (and Ivan, et. all) it might not be the most prudent thing to do right now. That's a large gathering of people mostly NATO so it would only make it more dangerous for everyone involved if Team USA were to be there. I guess if they don't cancel / postpone it there's always next time.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'd be a little surprised if they don't cancel the whole thing... seems to me a gathering of countries would not be wise.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
XRP... I wonder why the UN building was never mentioned as a concern?

Obviously, each time we "cancel" an event we hand another victory to the forces of subversion and subjugation. Belgium being HQ for NATO does raise a potential for trouble. However, at some point we need to stop cowering....

The ultimate weapon to defeat them is money and food: reducing our dependence on Mideast oil to a token percentage denies them the funding for mischief...... not possible of course if the environmentalists and one-worldists continue to score propaganda victories and keep us from drilling for oil in our own homeland.

Damn the topedoes! full speed ahead over the whoops of political correctness!

Pokie IMHO
a.k.a. Archie Bunker

Top Bottom