Phil

Nov 17, 1999
I finally had some time to get a few shots together. This was probably one of the hardest races I've ever shot. There were so many people in the way everywhere! I would have killed for a photo credential! Some of the shots are cropped really tight because there was a flagger or spectator messing up the shot. The lighting and shadows was hard to deal with too. All the people around made it almost impossible to move around to get the right angle. Anyway, here's a few that came out alright.

MXoN_Sun230.jpg

MXoN_Sun214-1.jpg

MXoN_Sun201-1.jpg

MXoN_Sun180-2.jpg

MXoN_Sun111-1.jpg

Last edited:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
great shots!!! The last 2 of RC in the left hander before the table top looks like you were in the same spot as us.

Яocky

Sep 19, 2007
Great shots Phil! Thanks for sharing and congrats to the americans for the title.

Hope someday we can send an argentinian team. :ugg:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Very Nice Phil!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil said:
We had a great time and found ourselves wondering how much it costs to make a trip to Ireland...

:cool:

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Phil, these are really awesome. It seems you've been holding back on us!! :cool:
Tracie- that trip to Ireland sounds great.... Ireland and Italy (MXoN 2009) are both on my kids top five travel wish lists....heh heh heh. It brings out the evil in me though....The consummate selfish mom... Sure kids, I'll take you on that trip you've been begging me for....Then when after we arrive: "Oh, by the way, did I mention we'll be spending a few days at the track". :debil: Lol. If kids could get a divorce from their moms that might be enough to have the papers on the table by lunch.

Phil- keep posting!!

Last edited:

AGGRO500

May 12, 2006
those are all very good pix :cool: ...did any one[who went] notice the lack of enforcement of the rules set up by the track?pit bikes ,helmets,dogs at the track etc?...did any one else try to ride the track?... :think:

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Chili said:
Very nice work Phil. not sure I would have had the patience to shoot around all those people!

I'm with Doug on the patience subject. Must have been brutal to shoot with all of those people around.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Wow... great stuff Phil!!! I could list my favorites, but it would be almost all of em! :cool:

Given the conditions, it looks like you got some killer shots. Gotta admit, the packed crowd may have made it a tough challenge for shooting, but sure sure made for a sweet background in some of your photos!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
AGGRO500 said:
those are all very good pix :cool: ...did any one[who went] notice the lack of enforcement of the rules set up by the track?pit bikes ,helmets,dogs at the track etc?...did any one else try to ride the track?... :think:

YES!!! That part was bad! There was a HUGE bonfire close to our camping area on Sat. night. Drunken idiots burning everything in site.

At the rig next to us the family brought their Rottweiler. I know they act like they were raised and all. I had one as a kid that was super gentle. BUT many people are scared to death of those dogs. PLUS it said NO PETS! No pets means no pets...why would you even bring your dog to an event like that?!

I give Red Bud even bigger props for running their National as well as they do. I don't think any track does it better than them. We have been to 3 of the National tracks and Red Bud still sits on top of the list.

We talked to some guys at the hotel on Monday that said when they got there late on Sat. no one even checked their wristbands. They have been going to Red Bud for over 20yrs and still aren't used to everyone checking everything before and after they entire the track area.

Oh they did check our cooler for glass bottles on Sun...yeah great job guys :think:

AGGRO500

May 12, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
YES!!! That part was bad! There was a HUGE bonfire close to our camping area on Sat. night. Drunken idiots burning everything in site.

At the rig next to us the family brought their Rottweiler. I know they act like they were raised and all. I had one as a kid that was super gentle. BUT many people are scared to death of those dogs. PLUS it said NO PETS! No pets means no pets...why would you even bring your dog to an event like that?!

I give Red Bud even bigger props for running their National as well as they do. I don't think any track does it better than them. We have been to 3 of the National tracks and Red Bud still sits on top of the list.

We talked to some guys at the hotel on Monday that said when they got there late on Sat. no one even checked their wristbands. They have been going to Red Bud for over 20yrs and still aren't used to everyone checking everything before and after they entire the track area.

Oh they did check our cooler for glass bottles on Sun...yeah great job guys :think:
did u try to ride ?...that was my biggest disappointment of all...the way they handled the situation after they canceled the practice on the big track :bang: ...we pulled our bikes 15 hrs from south florida...what a bummer...maybe red bud will host one someday and show them how it is done correctly!...by the way thats another great pix of ferry :cool:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
AGGRO500 said:
did u try to ride ?...

No we didn't even bother. If we had a toy hauler, we probably would have...but we were using a borrowed pop-up and my Explorer. So no room for bikes.

AGGRO500

May 12, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
No we didn't even bother. If we had a toy hauler, we probably would have...but we were using a borrowed pop-up and my Explorer. So no room for bikes.

we spent $520 on fuel pulling those bikes up there...wish i had just driven my honda :)

Top Bottom