mxsouth clarified

Status
Not open for further replies.

kx137

Jul 1, 2002
Re: Carthy"Why is it perfectly acceptable to pay full retail for anything? You people do realize that full retail on a great many things is 100% markup don't you? It drives me insane."
"As for complaining about paying retail... this is the FLAME BOARD isn't it? I have a grievance and I'm airing it... If you don't like it, so what."

Exactly !!!

Re: Irish's ignorant comments ...bear with us he has a few "20%? What shop is this, MX Pipe Dream's?" "By this comment I am guessing you are either in your early to late teens. Sounds like one of the biggest "Gimme" statments I have ever heard. It also makes me question the logic behind your original post."

Actually im 23 and im impressed that you can belittle people by their age b/c after all you are supposed to be the older and wiser huh. People like Irish arent worthwhile arguing with b/c obviously he wants to impress people in here ;so dont bother arguing his ideaz and comments. So I guess Milk, rooster, and Chili are shopping at MX Pipe Dream's with me huh?

Re: Mitchell "As for the instant profit, I don't see why you care? It would take longer to have stuff shipped to him, THEN shipped to you. If he can have it directly shipped to you, then he doesn't have to stock it, and you get it sooner. I would tend to think that it is a win-win situation? Pretty weak soapbox, if you ask me. :|"

Exactly mitchell only your confused. Thats what im saying ; MXsouth doesnt have to stock items and has them shipped directly from the manufacturer to your door thus getting it sooner and b/c he has no warehouse to aircondition, pay rent on, stockers , etc. he is just pulling in pure profit shy of paying the people to answer the phones and make the orders to the manufacturers.

Re: BigBore "I can't stand when people expect a discount, simply because they feel they shouldn't have to pay full retail. Lou is right, you don't just walk in a shop for the first time and expect them to roll the red carpet out an knock 20% off whatever junk you buy."

I too have been buying stuff from my local shop for the 10years I have been riding and the issue here isnt walking into a local shop demanding 20% it is about the internet shops with this attitude that no one is worthy of a discount and should have to pay full price even though parts cost less for them in the long run.

I have to this day orderered everything from my local shop shy of parts that are easily misordered which seems to happen more than I like. It is an easily proven fact that internet companies can sell parts cheaper than a local shop but they dont so even if they did give me 20% off I would only order the parts my local dealer couldn't provide or a part that has no room for mistakes.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Sharp as I've seen.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
(sarcasm on) Man, you're a Genius (sarcasm off).
Uhhh, last time I checked , MX South has a huge warehouse to store all their parts in. When you order from them they go and find the stuff in THEIR warehouse, then send it to you.
As for the comment that they should match the deal your shop gives you, why should they? They have no idea to actually know if you are telling the truth or just playing them. If they believed everyone that said, 'I get X% off at my local dealer, so you should match that,' they would be out of business and broke. The internet is annonymous, there's no way to find out if you are actually telling the truth.
If you don't like it, tough, that's the way a SMART business works.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by kx137

Re: Irish's ignorant comments ...bear with us he has a few "20%? What shop is this, MX Pipe Dream's?" "By this comment I am guessing you are either in your early to late teens. Sounds like one of the biggest "Gimme" statments I have ever heard. It also makes me question the logic behind your original post."

Actually im 23 and im impressed that you can belittle people by their age b/c after all you are supposed to be the older and wiser huh. People like Irish arent worthwhile arguing with b/c obviously he wants to impress people in here ;so dont bother arguing his ideaz and comments. So I guess Milk, rooster, and Chili are shopping at MX Pipe Dream's with me huh?

My Ignorant arguments are made from a decidedly one sided point of view, that is the bike industry. You can't compair that industry with what you stated wheather it be Jewls or electronics. You are wayyyyyy of base if you think you can compair the 3.

As a 23 y/o are you living off your own profits or off something else? If it is else it must be nice to live off something. I remember at 25 I was paying off 18,000 dollars worth of debt.

As for shopping with a penny pincher like you are, I really doubt that Milk, Chili and Rooster13 are going to cry about any discount that they got.

You posted that a 20% discount wasn't worth your time. I guess you just kicked dirt in your local shops face, didn't you?

Granted, you get 20% out of your shop, but as you said, 20% isn't worth the time of day. Concerning your issues I don't even want to know what it is worth the time of day in your universe.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Speedy, not to negate what you said but I ordered from MX South and they had my tank drop shipped. From Clarke, to them, to me. Then when I saw it was the wrong tank, they shipped it to me straight from Clarke. My plastic came directly from One Ind in CA and did not even go to MXS first. So they do not warehouse everything. BTW, when to get back on your side for a minute.....or what ever side, One Ind also accidentally shipped me MXS's receipt. Their mark up was not all that grand. Nothing to write home about. The only reason I ordered from them was that my local shops are all rip offs. I might as well spread the love if I am going to get ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom