jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I had a day of because of a Malaysian holiday (Deepavali) on Oct. 24. Time for a ride! My friend I met here lined it all up. I would ride a Honda XR600R that was his (Super Trapp exhaust and what is this? Upside down forks!) Raymond would ride his Bombadier 650cc 4-wheeler. We went to Raymond's shop and some of Raymond's local friends met us there.

We were just outside of KL, but within a couple of KM from the shop was some new road construction and plenty of jungle. We took off - yes, we rode on the street! No tags on any of the bikes and a big ole yellow 650cc 4-wheeler riding on the streets! The law here is not concerned with such antics. We all rode like good civilians and got plenty of "thumbs up" signs from the locals.

We hit the cut off and we were off on a dirt road and pretty soon we were climbing hills and overlooking some real nice scenery. We rode on and followed the construction site off and on until one of the riders in our group broke his throttle cable. Along the way we had more hills to climb and a creek crossing. Raymond and I rigged the busted cable so he could reach down w/ his right hand and pull what was left of the cable so he could limp to the nearest kampung (village) to get to the 'motosikal' shop for a repair.

Along the way to the village we went on some killer single track that was used as a footpath for the locals to harvest the sap from the rubber trees. Great trail! The single track winds up dumping onto a dirt jungle road that went to the village. We arrive and inquire about a cable (there is none to be had). We stopped and had a couple of cool sodas.

After we cooled down (and the bikes too) it was time to ride back to Raymond's shop. We rode for about 4.5 hours with nothing more that a couple of minor spills by a couple of the other riders. All in all it was a good day. A very happy Deepavali indeed!

Pictures posted below!!!

-jeffd

Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
At the shop before the ride...

Attachments

• b4-d-ride.jpg
    b4-d-ride.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 218

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Along the way...

Attachments

• along-d-way.jpg
    along-d-way.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 218

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
View from the hiiltop...

Attachments

• hilltop.jpg
    hilltop.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 219

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Jungle road...

Attachments

• jungle road.jpg
    jungle road.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 205

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Cooling off...

Attachments

• cool-down.jpg
    cool-down.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 203

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I know you miss being home but, I've got to tell you that looks so cool. :aj:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
What kind of customers? I am over here on contract for a couple of months +

I work for a hi-tech consulting firm, and this is where the customer is.

I get back just in time for Turkey Day.

-jeffd

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Did you like the 600? I got a real nice one for you :) Look Forward to riding with you again. I don't know if you'll be ready yet, but Dad and I will be at Muenster this weekend(12/6 and 12/7)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Stan_Flemmings
Did you like the 600? I got a real nice one for you :) Look Forward to riding with you again. I don't know if you'll be ready yet, but Dad and I will be at Muenster this weekend(12/6 and 12/7)

I am ready, but my employer has other plans for me. I am back on the road again and in London at the present. I really need to write my 3rd Malaysian ride report while I'm here thinkin' about it....

-jeffd

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Jeff, that's a nice moped you were riding in the last picture. Did you remove the pink tassles for the photo?

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by RV6junkie
Jeff, that's a nice moped you were riding in the last picture. Did you remove the pink tassles for the photo?

Bwahahahaha! Very funny. I never said I rode anything of the sort. Those little 2-stroke 125 scooters were everywhere over there though. Thicker than flies on a fresh cow pie I tell ya. They buzz all around traffic in between cars with only inches to spare. Completely nuts....

-jeffd

Top Bottom