My 4 stroke dad, how to get him on smoke side?

jesus17

May 6, 2008
My dad is 48yo biker that rides for 35 years. He had all kinds of bikes but enduro and cross bikes are his favorites(he got me into dirt bikes). Don't know about his enduro bikes before i was born but when i was 4yo he had Husky WR 250, than he bought KTM 600 4 stroke that he liked but it was too heavy so he sold it. When i was 11yo he bought CR 250 89'. I remember that bike, it was complete piece of crap that dad would kick about 20 times before it started to show some signs of life.
Than con rod, bearings and piston seized, he replaced it and rode for some more. He put some woods stuff on but than power valve got ****ed up. Also the bike had sleeve put on by bad mechanic so bike was complete **** that would turn greatest 2 stroke lover into hater. So it did it to my dad, he sold it during bad health(old injury on bike, smashed ankle that never got fixed right) and bought Ducati 900SS that he still rides. Now he is about to buy himself a dirt bike again. I'm in charge to find the bike that he likes, he told me he want 4 stroke because he don't want to fix the bike all the time like he fixed CR 250. Also he says 2 strokes don't have enough low end that he needs.

Tell my a few good reasons for him to buy 2t. I have a KTM SX 250 03' and CR 250 04' in mind. Unfortunately there isn't much EXC, WRs here so i can only get MX bikes. Both of these bikes are excelent condition, Honda looks better but KTM is my fav. I heard 03' KTM SX 250 is fastest 2 stroke 250 ever built.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
there are no good reasons. He will ride what he wants to ride. Be happy he's at least riding with you and quit trying to figure out a way for him to have pre-mix with him so you can mooch it off him.

jesus17

May 6, 2008
XRpredator said:
there are no good reasons. He will ride what he wants to ride. Be happy he's at least riding with you and quit trying to figure out a way for him to have pre-mix with him so you can mooch it off him.

But he wants 2 stroke i know because i recently rode new EXC 200 and it's perferct bike for him, lightweight, very good low-mid range power. If i find EXC 2 stroke i will get him to try because i think he didn't tryed new 2 strokes that are much more friendly than old MX CR.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
XRpredator said:

+1

Steve

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
jesus17 said:
But he wants 2 stroke i know because i recently rode new EXC 200 and it's perferct bike for him, lightweight, very good low-mid range power. If i find EXC 2 stroke i will get him to try because i think he didn't tryed new 2 strokes that are much more friendly than old MX CR.

It's his money, buy the man what he wants. He may be old enough that he doesn't car to have to tape his hands to the bars. Plus, a good condition, non-race 4 stroke is a lot less maintenance which may be something that he is considering. If he wants a two-stroke he can always sell the 4-s and buy a blue-smoke later.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
He is 48 years old, he has experience riding both 2 strokes and 4 strokes, he isn't likely to compete in any MX events.

It sounds to me like he knows what he wants and has good reason for wanting it.

Rod

Top Bottom