toddol1971

Jan 5, 2004
it depends what you want to ride like. The wr has to be ridden more like a 2 stroke, & doesnt work as good down low. the drz400 is an awsome bike with power everwhere. It is about 260 lbs though. I believe this bike feels alot lighter than it is though. You should check it out. Also the klx300 is an awsome bike. The power to weight ratios are good on both of these bikes. Your bike is9.58 lbs per hp the 300 is9.19 & the 400 is around 6.5.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
What type of riding do you do?

What's your skill level, weight, and height?

Any preference 2-stroke vs. 4-stroke regarding power delivery and maintenance?

Have you ridden either a KDX or WRF?

toddol1971

Jan 5, 2004
By the way the kdx's weigh 238lbs & your bike is 273lbs thats only 35lbs, not much. the drz is 261for the e model, & 248lbs for the klx300. Test ride a drz & i promise youll have a hard to get rid of smile. good luck

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
35lbs can make a *big difference* in handling and overall rider fatigue depending on *where* the weight is, and the type of riding you do. And 4 strokes carry their weight higher compared to 2 strokes.

Spend 2-3 hours weaving a DRZ through some tight woods, then spend 2-3 hours threading a KDX through the tight stuff. I promise you'll notice those 35lbs!

toddol1971

Jan 5, 2004
maybe, im gettin old cause if i spend 2-3 hrs riding, it dont matter what im on im beat. usually we ride about an hr then rest. Then ride some more. You know the klx300 only weighs 10lbs more than the kdx. All i was doin was shedding some light on his ? . Lots of +'s & -'s to almost all bikes, & we still dont know where he rides, & if the ride is that bad on 4 stroke then maybe he should get a PW80. LOL

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Go with the kdx 220! nothing older than 00. look for one that Has already been jetted and sprung.

sunnyboy

Feb 24, 2003
the bikes you are looking at lack low end,the bike you have really dosnt do well off road,it has lots of problems that cant be overcome we had one that was bored and stroked to a 480 and we put lots of ti on it to lighten it.when that didnt work we put all new suspenders on it still didnt work very well ,the frame flexes to much.ran like a sun of a b.in a straght line with no whoops.the problem is that most new bikes are set up for s/x and run like a 250-2stoke-they lack bottom end.ktms 520 have bottom end and handle like a dream they are not lite but not heavy and have electric start,husky has a new 450 with electric start that feels lighter than my cr500.i would think that ithier one of these will feel lighter to you ,give you more on the bottom and every were else.if you want a bike to flick around you cant beat a 250 2stroke but for over all great bike in a 4-stroke the 520ktm or 450 husky is what you want,remember the 250 4-strokes compete in the 125 class and run like one,that means no bottomend.the newer 4s have a lower center of gravity than your current ride and are superior in every way.up tite husky @714-5402920 is selling the 450 for around 5,300 bucks that is a steal and a well put togheter package that has more power top and bottom than the crf450 with the magic button to boot

Top Bottom