MckenzieSt.

Mar 29, 2006
Hello I just joined this Community because i love Riding And i have a unusual Bike that i ride
My Bike is a 1977 IT175 with Monoshock Rear Suspension ,
and on the Information sticker located on the front column It says Do Not Use Outside Of Competition ( it also has the numbers 1/77 limited edition stamped on it)
Last year i bought it from a Tow Truck Lot where it was sold as a parts bike for 70$ canadian,
when i got it home I kicked it over and have been riding it ever since, But recently i have had some problems because i want to restore it and most of the parts on it are no longer made by yamaha so is there any hope of me ever finding parts for a bike Coming to its 40th birthday?

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
1977 It 175
Year = 2006
So how is it coming up to its 40th birthday again?

That bike isn't really unusual at all, there were many of them made. its just that it is old, so you less frequently encounter them these days, as many have been parted out, and the remaining ones are normally not the everday ride, for the guys who have them.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The '77 IT175 was a fine bike in its day.

I've always wondered if there was any overlap in parts with the more modern RT180. The bikes seem similar in many respects.

Colorado

Apr 2, 2005
dirt bike dave said:
The '77 IT175 was a fine bike in its day.

I've always wondered if there was any overlap in parts with the more modern RT180. The bikes seem similar in many respects.

I think the RT180 is basically the updated IT or MX 175 --- except with a steel tank and maybe tuned more like a DT.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
check out the enduroITseries group on yahoo...great source of info...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom