headshot347

Oct 14, 2006
so ya this happened about two weeks ago but between me constantly forgeting, and being busy i haven't posted it up here. i though you guys might want to see it. The kid i ran over, my friend Luke was ok. No broken anything that i know of, but he had trouble walking and breathing for a bit.

this is the whole race and includes the crash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX3n-KYoER4

and this is the final 15 seconds before the crash just slowed down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iQAO6Cbe2Q

i was suposed to race in the 85D class since i've only been racing for 6 months, but the shifter striped and no one else had one. Plus no one in the 85 class showed up. i still had to race to get the points for the series so i was allowed to race my 125 with the 125 C's and D's and 250 C. Of coarse i was anxious and nervous at the same time. was my first time riding the bike on a track bcus my dad didn't think i could handle it, more or less racing with people.

headshot347

Oct 14, 2006
Dracus124 said:
Hey, It wasn't your fault that kid couldn't handle that wee little jump

i was gonna go right to the side of him bcus i noticed in every other lap he never jumped it, he usually rolled it and i just passed him on the side. well in the middle of a race he attempted a jump he never did which is real smart. well i thought he get it so i followed right behind him then next thing i kno i'm bout to run him over. then blacking out

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
One lesson, never follow directly behind another guy.. find a line off to the side. Not that doing so would have made much difference.. But if you had been to his left, you may have missed him.

headshot347

Oct 14, 2006
IndyYZ85 said:
One lesson, never follow directly behind another guy.. find a line off to the side. Not that doing so would have made much difference.. But if you had been to his left, you may have missed him.

ya i figured that out the hard way. but ya i would of missed him wouldn't of missed the bike.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Should have,would have,crap! No matter what you do,crap happens. You will vividly remember this for a very long time(if you do not remember now,it will come). Both of you hopefully have learned something. Both of you are okay? Bikes okay? Wait till you follow someone over that jump again. There is no safe place for a crash,following where they were is not bad,or go to the inside,best you can do. Accelerating over fallen foe is commendable,less damage,a lot of people may have hit the brakes and caused more damage! And work on the whoops,you looked pretty loose.

May 5, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Should have,would have,crap! No matter what you do,crap happens. You will vividly remember this for a very long time(if you do not remember now,it will come). Both of you hopefully have learned something. Both of you are okay? Bikes okay? Wait till you follow someone over that jump again. There is no safe place for a crash,following where they were is not bad,or go to the inside,best you can do. Accelerating over fallen foe is commendable,less damage,a lot of people may have hit the brakes and caused more damage! And work on the whoops,you looked pretty loose.
Does accelerating really lessen the damage?I kinda always thought that it would in a situation like that but i was never really sure.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
derek the 2 stroke said:
Does accelerating really lessen the damage?I kinda always thought that it would in a situation like that but i was never really sure.
Think about it as if he were a jump and not a person. Backing off when you hit a short, kicker jump does....well, exactly what you saw, throw you over the bars. If you had stayed on the gas, you would have "jumped", landed more correctly, and likely could have conitnued without falling.

headshot347

Oct 14, 2006
High Lord Gomer said:
Think about it as if he were a jump and not a person. Backing off when you hit a short, kicker jump does....well, exactly what you saw, throw you over the bars. If you had stayed on the gas, you would have "jumped", landed more correctly, and likely could have conitnued without falling.

i actually was on the throttle the whole time. when i first landed i pulled in the clutch and leaned back to wheelie over him. don't know if that was a good idea or not, but it saved me from falling off a trail on my KX 250 once

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The worst is landing on people! In my opinion it is about transferring momentum,Braking and hitting him would have caused more damage,staying on the gas was his best shot,mind you that avoiding it would be best! There were times I did not realize I hit people,keying on someones boot to square off is pretty good,seldom their boot is still there.

headshot347

Oct 14, 2006
would of been worse if i had tripled the jump. i usually only do it when i'm in behind to catch up the the lead. good thing i didn't let passing him take over me because where he fell is exactly where i land when i triple it

MOTO ON RM250

Aug 10, 2007
Nothing you could have done. Good thing he doesn't ride at my local track because it is fast without many jumps but we have 4 huge 40-60 foot tables which would have hurt him real bad. As if that weren't bad enough. lol

Top Bottom