Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Yesterday morning, in the Completely Off Topic Forum, I posted a short story about a heart attack scare my dad had. I had hoped the story would serve as a wake-up call to any of you that may or may not have given thought to changing your diet and exercising.

I got a call this morning from my mother informing me that my father had apparently suffered another severe heart attack this morning and passed away. He was only 62.

Please do me a favor and reach out to everyone you love and let them know how special they are. My dad and I had a great relationship and I'm comfortable that he knew I loved him. I was so proud of how willing he was to change his entire lifestyle. I'm just disappointed that he never got the chance to follow through with the plans.

My dad was the greatest man I ever knew. He was a true patriot and loved this country with every ounce of his soul. I'm glad that also rubbed off on me. He was a die-hard Harley and dirt bike rider since the late 60's and was responsible for me being involved in the greatest sport on the planet.

I am making a point to reach out to all my friends (including all of you) and letting them know how important and special they are. I would hate for any of you to experience such a loss and feel that you never had a final chance to share what was in your heart.

It hurts very much right now, but I know it will get easier. He will be with me always.

Thanks for listening. Ride on Big Ed!!!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
My condolences to you and your family. I wish I could add something to Walt's comment, but he said it all.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Kawidude my condolences :whiner:

turboandy

Jan 3, 2003
My prayers for you brother. Not only should we think about telling and showing others how we feel but also where we will spend eternity. God bless you.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Sorry to hear that Kawidude. :(

rfs mike

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2002
Kawi, my condolences also.
Remember, you have been blessed with great memories.
Hold them close to your heart, pass them on and God Bless you and those close to you.
My prayers are with you.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
:whiner: :whiner:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
So sorry for you and your family, my thoughts are with you. Ride on Big Ed, there's already some great riding buds waiting on you.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Thanks for taking the time to post that message through what must be a very difficult time. If you take the time to think of your dad when you ride, he'll be riding with you.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
You have my most sincere sympathies.

I was so glad to hear the happy ending of your previous post on the subject. And now it's very sad.

Be strong. Remeber the good times. And use them for strength.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Kawidude... I am sorry to hear about your dad... 62 is way too young to go. My prayers go out to you and your family. :(

Thank you for reminding all of us to cherish every day that we have with those that are special to us.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sorry about the news Kawidude, God Speed Big Ed - you done good with your boy.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Kawidude, I had just read your previous post then saw this. I am deeply sorry for your loss and I will say a prayer for your father and you and your family.

It's good you two had a great relationship, many fathers and son's take advantage of that sometimes.

Top Bottom