Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'll keep this short :)

First, thanks all around to everyone for helping put this thing together, there is no way I would even attempt it without the excellent support during the year, trust me, there is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes on. ( I will have to fire whoever scheduled all the rain though) I'm very fortunate to be surrounded by an incredible family and that family includes the mods and admins.

We could plan the best event, with all the best sponsors and still end-up with a major flop. Bottom Line? We merely put up a canvas... YOU paint it. DirtWeek exemplifies everything that’s best about our sport; it’s one big family that I’m proud to be part of. I’m honored to know you all.

There is nothing better than seeing all the smiling faces, hearing the laughs, the all for one, one for all attitude, the generosity and friendships that were obvious at during those 5 days (and 365 days a year on the forum). I could go on and on about it, but will defer to the stories found in this forum; good stuff.

Even while DW ’01 was still in planning, we were putting ideas together for DW ’02. The work on the next one has already begun and if we pull it off, there will be some major announcements in the future. Stay tuned :) its only going to get better.

Thanks to everyone for coming, I hope you all got as much out of it as I did. It ROCKED! Pat yourself on the back, you are one great group of people.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
For once I agree with Billy.

I think the best moment of the week was day one when the National Anthem started playing.... All bike shut down, hats and helmets came off and we all just looked at the proud Ensign blowing in the wind as Lee Ann Rhymes told us a story. I got serious chills that day and everyday thereafter. It made me realize how lucky we all are.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I agree with everything said, this was by far the best vacation I've ever taken (it's the only vacation, but still)
Great people, everyone I met was very friendly and nice. What more can you say? Thanks. :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Saaaluuuute!

Good time, good people, and good fun. I couldn't get myself to go home after my crash. I was determined to have a good time and I did. I just had to bite the bullet and drink a few (a lot) adult sodas. LOL I will be wherever next year even if I'm on crutches or life support. Take it from a Dirtweek rookie, it was the most fun in the dirt that I have had. Just make sure that Firemedic 530 is there to pick up the wounded.:)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Watching Bswift stammer around half drunk all week was worth the price of admission. It was to only way he could stand the pain, he knew I really didn't want to leave so he did what he had to to tough it out. He normally can stand straight and talk without slurred speech.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Watching Bswift stammer around half drunk

Good thing I was drinking "lite" adult soda or I would have ballooned up like a blimp.:p That would have been a sight, a blimp with bird legs!:scream:
I'm thinking about getting some cool new MX loafers but I think I caught a cold.:eek:

Last edited:

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I'm really bummed I missed all the fun. But next year for sure!

One good thing though...I did get to re-paint my garage while you were all having so much fun!:silly:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I had a really good time except for the small virus that I caught. JustQL and Brian, I will be sure to bring some fuzzy slippers and a robe so that you can borrow them if you need them. That and some earplugs to help me sleep. I was sure thankful that even in my sickly state, that I had enough sense to drink lots of fluids\adult beverages.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by billywho
An army of people is nothing without a great leader, so THANKS right back at you !!!

True words, Billy. Hats off to Okie and the mods for once again making woth the 26 hours of driving, days w/o proper bathing :confused: and more fun than should be allowed.
Also to the other 160 DRN folks out there who attended, it was fun meeting more of you this year, I hope to meet another 100 next year. To have so much fun with people you just met makes it worth anything you have to go to to get there. Next year the whole 'Mo family will be in attendance!:)

Top Bottom