GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
It will always be "Lou and the Kittens". I'm sorry, that's just the way it is. Two years of Dirtweek and all I can giggle about is.....Lou and the Kittens. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard. In fact, if I recall, Pred had to hold me up. It was like 2 am. I still had my Fox pants on...my Alpinestars still on my feet at 2 am. Not sure why? Was that the night I was riding in the Cooperland woods at 10 PM with my new HeadHunter Night Light system???? Did I come across any spiders??? I dunno. I just recall coming back in after abot 4 laps in the woods in the dark. I think Elk and I did a "Neighborhood Watch". We were just lookin' out for y'all! I think that was the year Lori Nyland came to the rescue. I think that was the time Blackhawk came out of nowhere and gave Nikki a run for her money? Was that the same day VD cooked his fricken awesome Chile??? Was that the same day that Snook taught us how to do "barrell racing" out in the woods? Was that the same day MrLuckey cooked Tri Tip in supreme excellence as usual? I dunno. I can't remember its all such a blurrrrrr. Okay, I think I remember now. I think it was the day that MXBundy cut down a tree? Was that the year before?? Crap! Was that the time Motometal wowed us with his knackknack's?? Was that the year Agent Orange had a broken ankle and raced anyway? Was that the year Quick Mick broke his collar bone and raced against Dr. D anyway? Was that the time TXBigguy bought his YZ426 in Stillwater and we all got to see it? Was that the time someone blew through the fire pit on a 50cc...naked??? I can't remember now.

Ahhhhhh. memories...like the corners of my mind. ;)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
OMG...the memories are just flooding in....

Farmer John gets there ahead of time with my bike and my SUPREME kitchen...he uses my spare Michellin to hold down the kitchen tarps. Smart man! Twinnie and the paint ball gun. Dang that was funnny! PK, Lou, Pred and the originall COTT race... I was THERE! Coop and Dr. D flying off the doubles...crap@! IF we could only do it to it. Tigger racing in the women's class, dang!! Fe Princess and SFO....what can I say? Where you been? We miss the flask...heheh. TheKid racing against the Pros....Oldguy don't get hurt!!! Sarah and Luke going going going til they ran out of gasssssss. Okie freaking out after the helicopter took Cyclodelicneophyte away...its okay man! Its all good!~ Walking over to Camp Tejas to be greeted with a big Texas HELLO and some ribs or some other such vittles...TonyEeds breaking three toes. The gnarlykaw clan and the hamburgers. Jack and Diane and the briskett burritos. Talking to Milk on the other side of the SpodeWash. BSWIFT donating the the MAMBA. Having someone faster follow me in the night time poker run just because i had lights,......dang, its all good.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
That time that PK (had an altercation JeffAllen) has to rate up there. I've never seen a big dude move that fast!!!! Another that went unknown to most was a nighttime sticker hit that Shiftless went on. She had a blast stickering Elk's Zuki with kiddie stickers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Dude Seriously, do we need to bring that up?

My favorite moment still has to be when Speedy came up to me and told me Who was my partner for the team HS.
I said , "Who?"
She said , "Yes"
Thouroghly confused, I needed explaination and clarification. Come to find out that me, the spodelyest of spodes was partnered up with BillyWho.
Billy?
Yes
Cool!!!!! :think: He doesn't mind?

Billy went first and cam back from his first loop in the lead.
We traded the scruncie, and off I went! Plowing through the puddles right past Okie's Mom. I think it was her on the side. Hey, it's my memory, I'll keep it any way I want ;) . Anyway, I think she thought I was gonna crash right there by the look she had on her face!. It was priceless.
I stayed upright, and went up the steep hill climb just after the stream crossing, across the field and into the woods I went. I was going as fast as I could, but I had just gotten back into riding after a 10 year layoff, plus, I was never that good to begin with :laugh: .
I finished my lap something like 16 positions down.
Billy took off like a shot, and by the time he came back around he was back near the top.
After the handoff, I was off again Same trail as before. . . sort of. I somehow ended up in a corn field. I backtracked a couple of hundred yards and found where I went wrong. Back on track, I started off again. People were passing me left and right.
When I got back I imagine we were in the mid twenties.
The rest of the race went much the same way.
Billy was awesome. Just out there to have fun. No griping about having perhaps the biggest spode at DW as a partner. Just a smile and encouragement. Very cool Mister. :aj:

Last edited:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I kinda like Sarge's late night story on why it is good to have a gravel driveway. :|

Or when we were spectating the nighttime poker run, and confused some riders with a path of marsh-mellows into the weeds. :yikes:

And the surprise of Mick's nighttime victory loop, with a few less clothes on, than most :moon:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
-Cheese Wiz in the bomb fire.
-Sparky making glass in the bomb fire.
-Hot Damn
-"Mom" giving me a hug to remember
-AJ laying on the ground with his leg pointing in a very disturbing direction only to be riding later.
-Gomer... well there's lots of stuff.
-Billy blowing two YZF's in one week. ("Thump, I smell coolant when he passes me buddy.")
-"Dude, the glass bottle." - Okie
-DougRoost's shower pic.
-Cajun "sampler" bottles.
-Disappearing berms on the grass track.
-Bundy's tree remove service.
-Snook the freak of nature.

-

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Pred on a fitty
Elk's lunar eclipse in the rythm section
Dubach falling on a jump that would hjave killed me, then jumping up and catching Coop
and "looks like a tarantula eating a turkey leg" :rotfl:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Only one really stands about the rest....Hanging out with a guy who has been my best bud for about 5 years but I have only gotten to hang out with at DW. Everything else was cool, but that was flippin' sweet.

But the kittens are close second.

and Elk popping my lock.

and Cam, the 4 stroke snorer.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Beginning with my earliest DW memory ...

You are going to Oklahoma, to meet a bunch of people you know only over the web and ride dirtbikes for a WEEK ?!?!?!?!? Yes! Uhhhh, OK ?!?!?!? ;)

In no particular order ...

DW 2002
(Stan) We are going too but we need someone to haul our bikes, because my dad has a bad back and we are pulling the RV (Tony) Sure, bring them on by (thinking Stan was my age and and Grady was Jesse’s age) ... I’ll meet y’all at the McDonalds at 380 and I 35 (Tony to txbigguy) ... Can someone here tell me how to get to Abbot’s Tire Shop? (Tony to McD’d employee trying to find where Jeff Gilbert was getting a new tire in Denton) ... Is this a good place to set up? (txbigguy to oldguy) ... Dayum, that awning is big! (Everyone to me) ... My lord, would you look at the size of that grill ... Where is your tent, your not going to sleep here without a tent are you? ... Sunrise the first day ... The Star Spangle Banner the first morning ... Be still, I’ll get the bike off of you ... Does it hurt? Is it broken? (Rooster to me in the creek bottom) ...Thanks ... Nope does not hurt ... yep, probably broken (me to Rooster in answer to his questions) ... dayum that hurts!!!! ( me after straightening my toes out) ... I’ll change and take you to the emergency room (Natty) ... Seeing the inside of my eyelids when I stood up on my broken foot as the wheelchair tipped backwards beneath me ... Can I get a hard cast so I can continue to ride? (Me to Doc) ... So, you’ve done this before (Doc to me) ... Yep, other foot though in a construction accident (Me to Doc) ... Are y’all racing out there? We may need to staff up for Saturday (Nurse to me) ... Butter Pecan Ice Cream on the way back from the Emergency Room ... Shiner ... Squeaky Hinges ... Night Vision ... Can you show me how that chain cleaner works? ... The sounds of grinders and welders as someone (?) welded their frame back together late into the night ... Where is Tony? I’ve got the quad to haul him out to the bonfire ... How did you climb up there with a broken foot? ... Ribs, someone help eat these dayum ribs ... Stopping twice to air up a leaky tire on the way home (Thanks Grady!) ... Watching someone else put my spare on (Thanks again Grady!) ... Waking up to hear them drilling pins into my toes to hold the bones together ...

DW2003
Why do you need a bigger awning? Uhh, because ... Camp Tejas, that is what we will call it!!! ... Hey gang, great to see everyone again! ... I have lots of pets and love all of them, so I guess I am a pedophile! (laughter) Don’t you mean petophile? Uhh, yea ... You are not really going to ride that thing through the fire are you? Well, hold on then and let me get my camera! ... Pipe down, people are trying to sleep! ... Dang my head hurts, where is that camel? ... My lord, that awning is HUGE ... 65 foot gravel driveways ... Sitting on your hand so it will be a stranger ... Mud ... Cold weather ... Warm water in the spodewash ... Dave, glad to meet you and boy I am glad you are taking the group photo this year!!! ... What is that funny contraption you have beside the spodewash? (Everyone was asking about the hot water system) ... Are you ever going to ride that bike? ... The shifter is on the left, brake on the right, the clutch is here, front brake here, and this is the throttle (Me to Jeff as he learned the controls of a bike for the first time) ... tx, that is great, ya got any more? ... How was the flight? ... the beer balloon ... Quit laughing at the mini races, I can’t hold my camera still to photograph them ... Wow, would you look at Coop’s whips! ... Hey Mully, let me have another 20 dollars of raffle tickets, I’m gonna win me a Mamba ... Whew, that is one hot mess of chili you have there VD ... Free Corona with a bowl of chili here folks! ... Goodby guys, y’all have a safe flight home! ... Would you look how fast Coop and Dubach are going!!! ... Yes, I’ll drive, I know the way ... No, drive faster, the wrist is already broken ... Hey honey, uhh, yea everything is fine, can you go upstairs and get the insurance card? ... This BBQ pigout was a great idea! ...

DW2004
Yea, I will pick up the tent on my way to MX727's house ... Let’s set up here, the awning can go here and the tent here (Tony to everyone while trying to decide where to place the 20x40 awning and 16x35 GP Medium tent that would become Camp Tejas) ... Dad, you are going to have to get a building permit if this place gets any bigger ... Where do the Christmas Lights go? ... Can we hang the bucket light here? ... This is one heck of a kitchen you have here ... Everyone like catfish? ... Sure you can help Jesse, can you cut up the fries? ... Snookums and Mary ... Uh, we missed our meal with Okie and we heard you might be able to feed us (Will asking if Camp Tejas could feed he and Malcolm ... Whoo Hooo!!!!!) ... That is a huge mess of food you have there ... Breakfast biscuits and gravy and steaming coffee on cool mornings ... moonrise ... Do you know where Okie is? ... that is a huge fire you’re building there ... How much gas did you say you put on it? ... Are you really going to light it? ... Stand back!!! ... Boy, that heat feels good ... Yea, I miss her too, so how are you doing? ... Yea, you can park anywhere, welcome to DirtWeek (2 AM arrival as three uninhibited souls, Gomer, Sparky and I greeted the latest arrival) ... Flaggers ... Would you vote for this fellow? ... Bling-o-meter ... I can fix the lights so they will work ... Will ... Malcolm ... Larry ... Malcolm washing someone’s boots ... KTM demo rides ... being surprised beyond description at being named the Lori Nyland Award winner ...

One memory that spans every year that I have been there ... sore ribs from laughter!

DW2005
Analysing every imaginable piece of camping gear from the perspective of DirtWeek ... planning meals ... excitement that both of my children will be there this year ...

Last edited:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
no partiular order:

QuickMick & I changing a KTM fork seal with 2 allen wrenches, wire strippers, a butter knife, & a soup can. :cool:

Creed

Dead kittens

Creed

MXSparx playing with glass in the fire.

jiffy pop

more later

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
more memories....

Guy Cooper and Doug Dubach showing my that just because I am 30, I am far from old. But I am also far from fast!

You can get Rolling Rock in cans in Oklahoma!

Nat's food rocks! Cheese or no.

The guy's from Texas' food rocks as well!

Okie is just as disturbed by me in person as he is online

Rich looks a lot like Pokie when he does not show up to DW

Standing in between Cam and Pred can make a big ol' boy feel like a runt!

Fire ants SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111one

Riding was probably the least fun thing I did there.

Sarge looks extremely sexy in Judge Smails golfer pants

Pred showing up gets more of a crowd reaction than Dubach does.

Fire ants suck

when Oklahoma red dirt gets wet, it turns into sort of a permanant paint

Don't lock the van!

fire ants suck

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
DW01- While Billy is slamming the rev limiter on the GP track "I thought that was three single jumps!?"
After Jeremy "tweaked" Billy's suspension to show how NOT to tune your suspension, all I can say is, DAAYYUUM!
DW02- A cold shower actually felt good. Sarge and Lou doing the announcing during the races, classic stuff!
DW03- Sharing camp next to "Camp Tejas".
DW04- Work sucks!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
speaking of the GP track at Casey/IL, first two years.... that track made this old man happy. I could go fast without them obstacles known as jumps and whoops and what not.... my left pinky hitting the tire-fence along the corn field.... but then Billy blowing by me as if I were standing still, followed by AJ passing me on a putt putt TTR125 ... Okie chasing me through the cornfield (oops, came into the corner a little too hot), corn stalks flying and hitting OKie's chest protector.... good times on two wheels!

Second memory from Casey, merely the fact that I even entered the C-class races....

At Cooperland, tackling the wall known as the "big step up" at first sight, without thinking about it much...

But the long term memories are those of the pranks and jokes around camp and the "bomb"-fire; vivid is the moment Thump "manipulated" Elk's arm back into place.... the look of apprehension on Elk's face, then disbelief at the absence of pain is precious.... it's all on video.... (I'll bring it to DW-05)...

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Casey...I remember hearing that train go by all the time at night. Once I got used to it, I actually liked it. Changing fork seals with no workshop. Racing with JohnnyKY, he had a really cobbled up bike but was pretty fast (not sure what happened to him?).

Also meeting and racing with Fredette.

Met Jaybird for the first time in person, we had "hotly debated" many times on the net, we got along great. I had a Suzuki hat on at the time and I think he assumed that's what I rode, he started trash talking about Hondas, then later had a funny expression when I rolled up on a CR (then again maybe he knew all along?).

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Moto"puffs", "I'm not a competitive person", maybe not but he was fast as the wind.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I have so many memories from the last 3 DW's that mine too seem to run together like a blur. It also seems like DW has always been a part of my life. The first time I ever heard about DW (aka Spodefest) was the last year it was held at Casey. I kicked around the idea of heading to it but the thought of congregating in a field with a bunch of low-life dirtbikers, half way accross the country, seemed a little out of the question at the time. After I made the 1st DW at Copperland I kicked myself for not making Casey, I realized just what I had missed.

I've written about this before, and Tony stated in his prior thread but this sort of set the pace for what DW is all about for me. I had talked with so many DRNers since I joined, yet with all the members on here I still had only met 3 or 4. They seemed to be quality folks but you don't really get to know someone from the typical 5 minute introduction.

I had bought an older model RV which I planned to live in for a week at my 1st DW. Made plans to p/u Blackhawk, whom I had met one month earlier, in Denton TX, at tx246's house whom I had met a couple of months prior to that, to offer a ride and place to sleep in exchange for some eatery. There were several people heading up from TX so a few of us made a coordinated effort to meet up on the road somewhere and caravan to Cooperland. The rest of us had never met. As my luck would have it I had a blowout on the RV just outside of Denton. For courtesy sake I placed a phone call to Tony and let him, and the others, aware of my situation and advised them not to wait on us. The next thing I see are trucks loaded with motorcycles pulling into the tire store where I was parked. I insisted that they not wait on me, didn't want to imposition them since I didn't know them and they didn't know me either. They wouldn't leave. After making sure I was good to go, our caravan pointed north and made the rest of the trip to DW. I had several hours to think on the rest of the trip up there and realized that this is a special group of people, a group that I'm proud to be associated with.

There are a lot more memories but unless you are there to experience them 1st hand, they won't mean anything to you. For those that have never been, do yourself a favor and just do it. I promise you will never forget it but I can't promise you will be able to keep the memories seperated. There are just too many of them.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
FJ and TIMR - Lmao, I know all of those memories!!! I have so many memories from the first four DW's that it's be tough to even scratch the surface. Sarge - Nuns, trash can lids, sandwich shops, Lou's tent, trails of empty beer cans, kittens. Tony and beer buckets of Rolling Rocks, sqeaky hinges, lots of borrowed beer, nvg's. Billy and broken items, chairs, tents, bikes, you name it. Billy and David putting up a tent LMAO - Now that was funny misters. FJ changing tires and trying to ride to China the short way - Dude you shook the ground. Jeff Allen and wrench and the Ninja Turtle move. Wrench in the Mx school, first turn lmao. Food - too much to even get into there. Mick and his outfit, moons over Cooperland, bikes being broken, bikes being fixed by others, injuries and helpers/healers all over the place. Ice cream for everyone, Darth Moll handing out treats, fires fires and fires, hot damn, playing with molten glass, popcorn (err something like that). Mully and memory loss (really late night at Casey lol). I could go on....

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
MrLuckey said:
Mully and memory loss (really late night at Casey lol). I could go on....

I did not.............. :rotfl:
(hmmmmm, it must be true)

Disappearing chicken with the fork still in it.
Orange painted outlines of dead animals.
Billy breaking DW.
Killer wasps.
Poker run. No details needed.
Fast Wimmins - Nikki, Jen, etc,......
Smoked pork Tenderloin - mmmmmmmmmmmm
Evening get together under the big top (ever look at that crowd and try to see how many you can name?)
Squirt guns -it's raining and the suns out???? ;) .
Behaving myself around all of the titans - they might fall on me. :fft:

Last but not least - All of the stories, told by the new friends I made. :cool:

Mully

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Mully what about the squirt guns?! Dude that was good stuff! And I'll NEVER forget Billy's face when after breaking his bike, Thump's bike, knocking over Mom's bowl of lemon juice and Cowboy's water bowl in one fell swoop he sits down in this red lawn chair next to me and promptly breaks it. He sort of shakes his head, smiles and looks at me. "Dude, I just broke this chair, I wonder who's it is?" "Mine."

LOL good times!!!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dirtweek is cool cuz it's somewhere that I show up and people are glad to see me.

I distinctly remember, though, a lot of "Damn, you're a big fella".

And the Billy-esque breakage of both Jamir's and Milk's bikes.

Riding in the woods with Jamir, Milk, and Rooster.

The kittens. Think of the kittens. A well thought out plan by Rooster and executed to the fullest by a bunch of giggly adults. And yes, it took both Cam and I to hold Nat up, as she was laughing THAT hard.

Elk to Cam: "it looks like your tent gives birth to you every morning!"

"Have you seen my baseball?"

Ed and Aimee treating me like a king with the tent all laid out and ready for my occupation, and Ed even feeding me and letting me ride his bike!

Patman allowing me to compare the KXR to my XR400

tryin' to make it back, with my own bike . . .

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
A few that stick out

-Da wheel! Da wheel! Goma is fightin da wheel! ....pause.... Da wheel has overcome Goma!

-Of course, the Tidy-Cat powered YT.

-Sarge wrecking his truck. Heck, anything Sarge says is most likely going to be funny.

-Lou breaking almost every rule possible when he rode his fiddy through the fire.

-chicken-stealing dingos

-Kenny's freestyle acrobatics

-numb hands from too much riding in 02

-Stanbagging :boss:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Is anyone ever going to tell the full story of 'the kittens'? Whats that all about.

Or is it the kinda thing "Icould tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya"?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
This might help explain:

God-kills-kitten.jpg

Top Bottom