Do-it304

Feb 6, 2010
Hey all I am looking to buy a used bike..I really want the YZ250 cas I had a 125 wen I was younger but could barely hold it up but did love ridin the 2 stroke for the short time I had it. I have a great deal of experience riding atv's on rugged terrain, and also use to ride my buddies XR100 a lot. I kno there is a big difference in the two bikes from the YZ250 but I love it. I will mostly be doing Trail/woods riding, my state is nothing but mountains so also a lot of hills, and I plan to eventually hit the track or do hair scramblers someday..Any helps appreciated every1
Age-19
Height- 5'7
Weight-220 stalky built
Riding style-pretty aggressive. Like to get air
Mechanically inclined
Have shop dealers all around me
Plan to spend around $2,500-$3,500
State- WV

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you are set on a YZ250 then get one. For WV riding I'd be more inclined to go with a KTM300exc but a YZ could work. You'll need to adapt and perhaps make some modifications to the bike depending how you actually end up riding it.

Do-it304

Feb 6, 2010
Thanks for the quick response..I really am set on this bike, I shouldn't have no problems adapting to the riding..But are you sure a guy my size is big enough for this bike cas most of the people I see on yZ250's are taller than me??

YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
Keep in mind that a YZ250 is a motocross bike...designed for the track. Many people ride MX bikes on the trail, but they have their drawbacks. They have close range transmissions which is not ideal for the trail, they have small gas tanks that will limit the distance you can ride, etc. If you plan to ride tracks, go for the YZ. If you plan to ride mostly trails, I would buy something else.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Your pleny big for a YZ250. If the bike is too tall there are options to get the suspension lowered to a more comfortable seat height. MXTech would be a great place to look.

Top Bottom