TravisT

Aug 28, 2004
Hi, y'all. I'm Travis and live in NC. Looks like next Saturday I'm going to get a '97 KDX200. It'll be my first dirtbike ever. I've done a lot of offroading with a VW baja and an old Jeep, but never on a motorcycle before. I've been riding street bikes for years, but I figure this will be a whole new experience. I found these forums by following a link off of the justkdx dirtrider net site, and read some of the comments about newbies posting the same old questions all the time and how they should check out that site first. I'll try to do that before asking any stupid questions, but I do have a knack for asking stupid questions, so a few will slip out I'm sure. I guess that's good enough for an intro.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Travis:

Welcome to the site ;)

As Gary suggested, check out the Every Kdx Rider Should Read This! thread in Canadian Daves JustKDX forum. It will lead you to piles of information on the KDX.

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about more about yourself. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts. We have a fair size group of folks that live in North and South Carolina

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The KDX is a good choice. Be sure and use the search function and you will find tons of info. Be sure the read up on maintenance tips, as well as, hop-ups that you can do for free or just a few dollars. Enjoy riding and ride with a buddy. Watch the Local Chapters forums for semi-organized rides near you. You'll find new places to ride and new folks to ride with here at DRN and we all love to ride, race, and bench race.
Be sure and read the FAQ's. Have fun and Welcome to DRN. BTW, DW04 is only a month away, Cooperland Raceway, Stillwater, OK.

Top Bottom