Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Well I have been back riding for about 6 months or so now and I decided that I would start racing. I entered the second round of the Full Moon Series. This round was being held at Badlands MX. Well the day started off great. I got to the track about 3:30 in the afternoon and got a good spot to pit. I set up and waited until about 4:30 for the signups to open. I entered the 125 beginner class. Practise started about 6ish. This is where things started to go a little bit bad.
I got over to the staging area for practise and my bike stalled. So I kicked and kicked and kicked but I couldnt start it back up. I fouled the plug. So I pushed my bike all the way back to my pit area and changed the plug. I hurried and got back to the starting line just as they were starting my practise. Well in my rush to get back to the line I forgot to put my gloves on. Oh well I started anyway. I got about halfway through the track until I came up to a new jump that was added. As I crested my jump in the air I noticed a nice big hay bale in the spot where I was about to land.(Someone must have knocked it into the track :flame: ) So I landed right smack into the bale and the bike stopped but I didnt and went up and over the bars. Luckily I didnt get hurt or that nothing on the bike broke. So that was practise for me. So I went back to the pits and waited for my race to start.
I got to the staging area and there were about 29 other riders in my race. I got the second to last pick of starting gate. :moon: So I lined up on the very last gate on the left side of the track. When the gate dropped I think I lost all knowledge of how to ride a bike. I was dead last going into the first turn. About the second jump there was a pretty big wreck so I got around that. (Is is bad to be happy to gain a position when someone is on the ground :think: ). Well the rest of the race went by pretty uneventful. I finished 23rd out of 29 guys so I am happy with my results. The Second race which didnt start until 2am was a little bit better. I got a mid-pack start but still finished 23rd out of 27 this time. All in all I was happy for my first race. I am looking forward to my next one. Hopefully I will do better. :thumb:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Cool! You drove yourself home instead of getting that "no-so-free-ride" in the shiney van with all those pretty lights!
When the gate dropped I think I lost all knowledge of how to ride a bike.
LOL! So how many times did you hit the porta-pottie before that race?!?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Cool report. At least you got to hit hay bails, I always hit old tires :aj:

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Sounds like a lot of fun. The more race reports I read, the more eager I am to try my hand at racing. Congrats on your finish. I'd be very pleased with 23 out of 29. Heck, I'd probably be pleased with dead last if I could at least be somewhat competitive with whoever was directly in front of me.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Ain't racin' grand, just think we can have about the same thrill level dicin' for 23rd that RC gets winning all those motos. It's all about competeing with yourself and others. BTW on the start for my first one I forgot to put my bike in gear, I was the most surprised guy on earth when I didn't go anywhere!

Top Bottom