High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by MadEarthWorm
Here are a few pics from my first ride. As soon as I get better at riding I think I should also learn to take decent pics :laugh:
This is Gomer catchin some air. Sorry for the crummy angle.
abt.jpg
It's not you...must be the camera.  It made my butt look big.

Yes, that's me on the beginner track :aj:
Yes Lou, I gave him a hard time about the GWB!

I met a few nice people that day. Gomer's dad is on the left, we talked about a lot of stuff during the day--he's a cool guy.
He got to talk to MEW more than I did (since we were doing the timeshare thing on the YZ).

Boy, I still have that goofy grin on my face tonight.
:thumb: :yeehaw:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
So Jonathan, when do you get your bike ?!

Sounds like you are still stoked ! :)

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
I'm currently looking at trailers; I think I'm sold on the Big Tex 30SA but I haven't looked at what the trailer shop has down the road. As soon as I get that I'll be ready for the bike. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the KX250F but since it's the same bike as the RMZ and my helmet is yellow I might get that instead. You're right, I AM still stoked!

You know, I think a yellow bike might look nice with my white boots. Whatcha think Gomer? LOL....

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Hey Earthworm just to let ya know that grin is permanent now, like my mom said, don't ride dirtbikes your face will freeze like that ;) ( I've been grinning and occasionaly giggling to myself for the last 5 years) Glad you had such a good time, don't tell Gomer, but he's good people!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by MadEarthWorm
Boy, I still have that goofy grin on my face tonight.
You're lucky! You just have a goofy grin, imagine being my other brother Gomer. :laugh:

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Hey MadEarthWorm, those photos are great. I was thinking "Oh No!" when Gomer posted how someone had told you to just pin it and pop the clutch! LOL If you had done that, I imagine you'd have had even a harder time holding onto the bike. Sounds like you're gonna have to come down and ride with the rest of us once you get your bike and trailer!

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, the first few seconds were kinda hairy (LOL) but no problem in the long run. I think I just grabbed a bunch of throttle while thinking the bike was in neutral? It was kinda funny....

I will have my bike by Thanksgiving if I can get a trailer; I found out today that the dealership will have to order it if I go through them and I don't know what delivery time is. There is one more place I want to check out though, if all goes well I can buy the trailer from them (it's nicer) and just pick up the bike this week.

I

RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
MadEarthWorm,
Thanks for sharing your first ride experience! :thumb: I've only been dirt riding since April, and I still have the "silly grin" on my face! :laugh: (And I've certainly had my share of mistakes and "I can't believe I just did that" moments. :o ) Good luck with getting your new bike. Welcome!

Top Bottom