My First Trials Bike '03 Gas Gas 200 pro!

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hello!
I just picked up my first trials bike.....a used '03 Gas Gas 200 pro!!! :thumb:
After getting all the nice advices in this forum and trying some of the bikes out there, I decided on Gas Gas 200. It just took a long time for me to find the right one.
The bike is in great condition, and I feel good on it, so I just have to practice trials riding.
Thank you all for your advices and look forward to sharing trials stories with you.
Mini (or Fujinami #2) ;)
PS: The photo is coming up soon.

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
AWESOME! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Congrats!!!

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Mini,

I had to do a Goggle search to find out who Fujinami is. He rides a Montesa! :scream: You are going to have to find out who in Japan rides for GASGAS. :thumb:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Woo hoo Mini, straight to the top of the pile :yeehaw:

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Very nice!! You'll have to give us a full ride report as soon as you get out on it!!

One thing though - can we expect a similar riding style to Fujinami??

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Thank you, everyone!
But I think I should delete "Fujinami #2". :ugg:
He is only 23 and has No. 2 title in the world. He started riding trials bicycles when he was still small. Then he got world No. 1 trials bicycle title in his class at the age of 10! After that he moved to trials bike. So there is no comparison......I couldn't ride a bicycle until I was 21. (I was ran over by a truck and had injuries when I was 4, and my parents didn't allow me to ride a bicycle since then.) I just got my trials bike, but I'm already 40!
Maybe when I go back to Japan, I can take one of Fujinami's classes and say "I'm a Fujinami's student!".

Kiwi Bird, Buddy and I missed you when you were in the Bay Area. We would have loved to join you guys for bike shop tour! You have to let us know next time you come to this way. ;)

wayneg, I'm planning to ride an event in early October, so maybe I can give you guys a ride report then.

Mini

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Nice looking bike, Mini!  I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I've heard lots of good things about the 200 Pro.  :cool:

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Yea mini!!!! Is that Mandy's old bike? I love my 200 Pro and I rode the new 04 pro in Italy this weekend. It too was awesome but they put the 280 gearing on it and it was way too fast! I will have to change that when I get it back here to the USA. Come on out to Colorado and I would love to give you some lessons!

Nicole

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Thanks, Girlrider!
And welcome home from TdN!!! ;)
The biggest reason why I got the 200 is because of you!
I know you have been riding Gas Gas, and Adrian and Mandy told me about the story of you having switched the bikes from 280 to 200. I did like the feeling of 200 very much, so I wanted to get 200.
You are my hero :worship: and I would love to come out to Colorado and take lessons from you one day.
I have been practicing the skills I learned in your class, and I'm riding much better now on my Pampera on technical trails. Buddy is so happy, because he doesn't have to help or worry about me most of the times.
Mini

Acrobiplane

Feb 8, 2005
Gas Gas 200 Pro

We are just getting into trials and bought a Montesa 315R in December. My wife decided the it was too heavy and being new to motorcycles just too powerful. After trying Mandy's bike at Frank Raines the Saturday before last she also decided that the 200 Pro was the bike for her and bought it last night. I'm looking forward to trying it.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Hey girlrider I could use some lessons! Seriously though does the 200 have enough umph up above 8000 ft? I just got a TXT 321 to replace my JTX 270 the 270(250cc) was really down on power at the high altitudes.

Top Bottom