My First Trip To the Track

ricky_arthur

May 23, 2008
I got My first bike about 3 weeks ago on a trade, a 2001 yz426f. I'm 38 and too old to be starting this sort of sport but i'm giving it a try :nener: . Don't laugh too hard it took me about an hour to get comfotable enough to leave the ground and actaully I had a few good jumps, but My photographer chopped me in half each time I jumped higher than expected. All the riding gear was my fathers day present but even so my wife laughed herself silly when I put it on. She said "the problem is, it looks like you know how to ride" HAHA The track was empty all morning, literally just me and my brother, who also just started riding on a yz250.

let me see If I can post a few pics,, again don't laugh too hard I've never been on a track and have only been on the bike on one other real ride.

3 different Jumps...

Just thought I'd say Hi with a real post.

Ricky

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
:cool:
Welcome to the sport! Thats awesome you guys had the track to yourselves. Have fun and congrats on the new bike. :) :ride: :ride:

bwood

Mar 21, 2004
Congrats on the new bike and getting into the sport. I would have to suggest an investment in a chest protector and some kind of neck protection. I use the EVS RC3 neck collar, it mounts to the chest protector and was about $40.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I agree, looks real good for the first time!

I have video of the first time I was on a track. It's painful to watch. No you can't see it!!!

ricky_arthur

May 23, 2008
Thanks, I got to go back to the track again today here is a pic from today.

[/IMG]

Look at pic 2 from above, it's the same jump. A little better?

Ricky

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You need to get your head more over the bars.. That'll help keep the front wheel down

ricky_arthur

May 23, 2008
IndyMX said:
You need to get your head more over the bars.. That'll help keep the front wheel down

Thanks
Yeah I was thinking that too, should I have my legs extended more too? or is about midway between standing and sitting ok?

96CRkid

Jun 30, 2008
haha just dont get to cocky, thats how you loose back fenders :bang:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…