My friends old 71' yamaha mini enduro

D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
My friend has a 71' yamaha mini enduro.He has been working on it for a while now.He caught it in gear yesterday for the first time and it ran.(he didnt know it was a 2 stroke),Does anyone know the gas/oil ratio for this bike?

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
It should have oil injection, If its been taken off or disabled mix the fuel 32 to 1. Mini enduros are cool, I learned to ride on one. :cool:

LENCHITO

May 30, 2007
One Sweet Min-bike

Loved my mini-enduro. Kicked XR70's butts all day
71_mini-enduro_600.jpg
[/IMG]

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I always mixed mine 24 to 1. I feel that is a bit safer on these killer little bikes. That was my first bike when I was 11. I still wish I had one. Gawd that little engine started every time, ran through any conditions, never received any service or care and never complained. No other small bike was even close on speed and power. Never even put a spark plug in it in four years. I did go through about 4 clutch cables, though. They always frayed down by the engine. Never did try to figure out why.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Those old little bikes were indestructible. My dad and all his buddies had late 70's YZ 80's and 100's. They never changed the trans oil, mixed gas by colour, see who could jump the farthest in first gear and all around beat the crap out of them and there wasnt one time a bike blew up. Just the occasional tire from burnouts.

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
My brother and I both had one, his was at least three kids first bike, mine had been stored since new and never used but they both ran the exact same. Never did anything to them other than oil & air filters, they always started and ran by third kick.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
:) I just now found out what that bike is. My uncle had bought on with a 77 rm 125 when I was like 10. My cousins and I rode the wheels off that little thing and it never let us down. The only prob it ever had was the bolt that held the down tube to the main frame came out. We couldnt find it and rode it about a mile down some oil well roads back to camp :yikes: . Somehow the engine didnt snap the frame in the back. Good memories, great fun!

Matt Fisher

Apr 17, 2002
_JOE_ said:
Oh, and it still had the stock grips. They felt like hard plastic.

That's because they were hard plastic. You'd go through several sets of tires before 1 set of grips.

The JT1 was my first bike, too. I, however, managed to sieze mine. I'd been spinning doughnuts in my front yard for about 10 minutes, 1st gear, WFO. Probably didn't help that it was just over 100 degrees out. Oops, end of that motor.

I'm pretty sure my dad took it to the dump after it wouldn't kick over. :(

Great little bike, great memories!

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
I think that little bike is why I have this sickness for old yamahas, I have 17 old used up dt1s 7 rt1s my wife is so pleased :laugh:

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
i liked mine- but i hated it- hahah
what i mean is by the time i got mine,after my brother ,and sisters trashed it,
it was a piece of crap- but i still rode it -hahahh-
i use to save lunch money so i could buy some gas,and ride after school-lol

i would try 32:1 for the fuel-- even todays chain saws- weed wackers are 40:1, and there air cooled too
just check the plug to see if its too lean on oil- you want a tan/dark tan color
not black-or wet

Top Bottom