Crunch

Feb 9, 2004
Hey this is a great site! Thanks to all those who make it work. Just purchased a KDX 200. Can't wait to get on it! The only problem is there's a foot and a half of snow on the ground. I'm going to go crazy! :eek:

Thanks to this site it will scratch the itch while I wait for warmer weather. Or will it have the reverse effect and itch the scratch? :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Welcome to DRN.

Guess what, even though your KDX is new, it needs a lot of work. When bikes are assembled at the factory, they only use a light assembly lube. If you don't want all of your suspension bolts frozen tight and your bearings running dry, I'd suggest that you break out the tub-o-grease and go over the suspension and head bearing (upper and lower). Check out the Just KDX FAQ for further information.

That'll give you something to due until the snow melts.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Congrats on the new bike! I'm going stir crazy as well, but spring is coming and I might be done overhauling the bike :joke: rv6junkie is right about the bike needing a little attention, especially the steering head and swing arm. You may want to put heavier fork springs in as well. Hey all this and more is in the KDX forums section, so I'll shut up now :laugh: See ya around!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Welcome, Crunch!! Where you from? Tell us more about yourself, maybe you will find some local DRN members to hang with.

Crunch

Feb 9, 2004
THanks for the input. Going over the bike will give me something to do while I wait for snow to melt. My name is Mark, I'm 36 and from Madison South Dakota. It would be great to meet any DNR members from the area.

I'm not really up on all the workings of a dirt bike. Is there a book like "Dirt Bike for Dummies" out there that would be helpful in guiding me step by step when it comes to maintenance like lubing suspension and head bearings and so forth? Thanks for any help.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm from central Iowa. What do you have up there for riding areas?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Crunch!

As others have said, you need to check out Canadian Daves JustKDX forum. It is chock full of good info.

We have a bunch of guys from the North Central US. Rooster can hook you up with many, if not all of them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom