sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I was looking at the knobby knife for $60 late last night and tire grovers...and started to think ..actually went to bed thinking about it.this morning I went out to my camping box and dug out an old fillet knife I found at one of my camp sites and sharpend it up ..then dug around the garge for 15minutes and finally found my propane torch.

I have a d803 on the kdx so the victim of my experiment was the wr250f with crappy kenda millvilles, the kx125 was taking up the stand so I cleared the bikes out and used a rolling backwards technic till I was out in the hot sun. All I had to do was light the torch and set it on the ground and hold the knife over it for a few seconds between knobs, one slice down and one to "clear the material at the base.

I took me about 20 minutes after I found and sharpend everthing to do the center knobs on the millville.

I will see next weekend if the efforts pay off, the wr has not raised the front to my liking and hopfully it is due to traction and with nice square edges I get to see if it was actually the tire. the millville is a very hard compond tire and I would never buy one but these came on the bike

If it bothers you that the subject was the wr and not kdx realated substitute kdx where I mention wr

Tharrell

Jan 22, 2010
I bought the knobby knife. Yeah, there are lots of ways to do it but, this is the easiest.
Most guys love an excuse to get a new tool.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I am not cheap with my kdx and have just rebuilt a 125 and bought the wr and money is a bit tight....

Ride report: it may have helped a tiny bit but the millville tires are by far the worst tire I have ever had the displeasure to ride on...they suck so bad it's beyond discription

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
julien_d said:
Folks around here seem to like them, other than the knobs chunking off too soon.

ok if I take them off I will run the up to you one weekend, help you swap them for your D745/MT43 and then we will head to Brown MT. for quick (yeah right!) ride up trail 1a and back down #9 :p

when we get back you can tell me if it's just me or if it's the tires

on second thought I wouldn't do that to you :cool:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
lol, I didn't say I liked them! I got some buddies that swear by them though. I see the knobs chunking off theirs after just a few rides and refuse to buy them. I think I've found my new combo anyway. MT43 or D803 out back, and D745 up front. Works beautifully!

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
yeah the 745 is great, I've been able to gain some long lost trust back in the corners we put 78 miles down at prentice copper on saturday!! top gps speed was 73mph...not sure if it was on the kdx or the blaster though...I'd have to study the garmin connect and mapping to be sure. think it was the kdx cause I remember looking for another gear and not finding it for the first time ever!!

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I was looking through the P.U cat. and noticed there is a milleville "sticky" in addition to the milleville Intermedite...maybee thats what the folks are liking up there in NC

Top Bottom