kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
I just rebuilt the top end in my 92 kx500 and also put a sleeve in it. while doing so i made sure to use the recomended pistin to cylinder cleerence by wisco. But anyways, i got it all broke in and whatnot. Today i was riding full throttle down a dirt road, wich probably wasnt a good idea i know, and it bogged and locked up the rear wheel. I knew what happend so i sat there and let it cool down and started it back up again. it wasnt seized to the point of where i coulnt turn it over. The bike still runs fine without any weird noises and has no loss in power. i looked in through the exhaust and the pistin and cylindar have minor scoring... Im just wondering if this has happen to any one else and if i should keep running it.

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
I've seen it happen a few times ... Your probably alright, but if it was me I would be replacing it anyways cause if it shatters or something, your ****ed.

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
yea true story... if i had the money to throw around id hone her out and put a new piston in. You have seen people minorly seize motors and keep running them with no probs??

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
i would strip the engine and file the piston where it has some marks... and give the cylinder a very ligth hone...
could you post some pics?

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
so ive ran through three tanks of gas and riddin it pretty hard she loves it and runs great has just as much power.. im just going to leave it but thanks alot guys. If i had alot of ambition that sounds like the best idea, to give it a light hone and file the pistin down. thanks

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Wiseco sells rings for oem plated cylinders. Some have optional rings for steel, iron liners, some. Tolerances are different also, plated are tighter. If it was plated before, it should be plated again, less headaches!

Top Bottom