White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
I had another post like this one and it got lock because people were not staying on topic plus it was really going no where. Soo... Stay on topic and try to keep it going

Ok my mom says she is "thinking" about letting me get a dirt bike ,but I know she is probaly going to say no. So I need ideas or ways to get her to say yes. I know she has here reason and all but I really want a dirt bike.

Am I Responsible?
I have a four wheeler never go hurt on it and only flip it twice but I did not get hurt and my mom does not know about it. I have rode four wheelers all my life and have not flipped but 2-3 times and never got hurt. I brought from my cousin with my own money for very little 99' Honda FourTrax 300 for 800 Dollars.
I also have had a horse for about 1-2 years. I take good care of him. I did not pay for him though my dad did. Horses do take alot of time and stuff also.
I think a fourwheeler is more dangerous then I dirtbike and I know a horse is or my horse is =). I mean like I heard somebody say a dirtbike can not kick your or hurt you on it's kickstand. A horse is very smart and has a mind of it own.
Please do not talk bad about horses. =)

I am paying for most/half of the dirtbike. My mom said she would help me with about 500-800 dollars for christmas. Pay 500 for the dirtbike and buy me helmet n rooster.

I am currently 15. I have a honda and yamaha shop right down the rode. Could walk to the yamaha shop in 30 minutes. Which I have done. We also have a place called 2 Boyz Cycle which fix dirt bikes and sell dirt bike parts/items. Probaly be wear I get my first bike from. Alot of people said you should save up for a truck/ca. Guess what already got a '01 Sliverodo(spelling) Chev For 5 Grand Only 150k Miles

I have told here over and over that dirtbikes are probaly more safer then fourwheelers n horses. I mean which of the 3 would you want to land on you? I told her I would wear my gear all the time I am riding. I also said it is better then me doing drugs. I need some more ideas to get her to change her mind because I think she is probaly saying no...

Please stay on topic and keep the thread going this time so it will not get locked

Sooo...... Post Away

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
Ivan I did do a search but I did not find much so thought I would post. I told my mom all the information I found. Plus I didn't think it was the kind of information I needed

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Ivan is the Master at the Search function.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Do you help out around the house? Do you get along well with your parents?

Seeing as you already have a truck, a horse and an ATV, maybe if you really want a dirtbike, try saving up enough money for the bike and see if your parents will chip in for the safety gear (you will need a helmet, gloves, goggles, boots and knee pads at a minimum). Make sure you help out A LOT around the house and work hard to get a bike if you really want it. Don't just whine to her saying you want a bike, because that's just being a spoiler brat.

I got my first dirtbike when I was 13, I paid $500 and my parents chipped in the other $125 for it. Since then I've paid for most things on my own, with my parents helping me out by taking me to races and getting me gear and stuff for my birthday and christmas. You gotta work hard to get the toys, don't expect your parents to buy you whatever the hell you want.

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
Speedy ok I am going to tell the honest truth

It is just me and my mom usually and my sister when she aint at her dads (step-sister)

My mom works alot her job is probaly 8 hours a day and works on the weekend 50% of time at the flea market

We are not the riches people

I clean up the house everyday. I have almost 500 dollars right now and my dad and mom usually spend 500 dollars total in christmas for me and my sister.

I brought my four wheeler the horse was from my dad because he didnt get me nothing for 2 christmas and 2 birthdays but didnt really expect nothing from him.

The truck I paid like 1600-2000 of it forgot how much and it was not but 5k

I do not expect my parents to pay for nothing. My sister is complete oppsited but she is going to college. I am to though.

Money? I currently have 350 dollars in bank about 50 in wallet and about 50-75 in coins.
Then I am going to may 100 dollars next couple of week working at the flea market so almost 600. I am going to buy a bike then I will probaly get money from other people to buy gear or most of it if not I can wait to ride the bike and work a few extra weeks.

My mom said yes but I am now thinking if I really want one. I mean with my horse,ATV, and friends I mean a still have alot of time on my hands and alot in summer since I only work like 3/7 days a week for 50 dollars a day.

The main reason I want a dirtbike is I have always wanted one for like 5 years...
And all my close friends have them and we hang ALOT but all of them have dirtbikes use to be ATVs and they go almost every week to the like and I would like to be apart of that because I have gone a couple of times and had a blast...

O yea I dont know if I mention this but about cleaning up the house? I clean up everyday for my mom wash dishes and everything else. I know I clean our house 3-4 times a week. Since my mom works alot.

My mom and me get along great. Me and my dad do most of the times...

I make mostly A,B, n C in school. I hardly ever make a D if I do usually teacher fault or something else

May 10, 2007
bring the c to a b and dont get any d's. my parents give me money towards a new bike for good grades (mostly cuz im in all honors classes)

try selling the ATV. if you have a bike you wont need it and it will get you more money.

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
I think I got one D last year in the whole year but they was because I didnt know about a project and was 2 major grades so got a 0 on 2 major grades

This my sound werid but I can make B's And C's all year long and never stuff I can stuff and for some reason I usually make B's but to see a A on my report is really kinda rare but also to see a D is rare to

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
I mean my teacher made a mistake or something like that

I have got a couple of D's because it is my own fault but most I would not of have since sometimes I will admit I do forget projects and stuff and I forget to study. Ok I might be lazy to every once in awhile but not that is very few.... But who isnt every once in awhile

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
I got to keep fourwheeler for deer hunting be hard to pull out a deer with a dirt bike....

I want a bike but I am not saying I am lazy every single day. I am saying I just get tried some days or just have a off day from school/working/chores n other stuff.

I will admit I am not a A students and really I pefer to be a B's n C's students. For me to be a A student I have to study 24/7.... and I have a life. Not saying A students do not have a life but they may not have to study 24/7 unlike me. I do and personal I would rather have B's And C's and do alot of fun stuff then have straight A's. I know A's can get a scholarship and stuff but I am on the swim team and I might join the cheer leading team.... Because my school has a cheer squad and it is the easy way to get a scholarship and most schools do not have a cheerleading squad that pratice and go to competions... Plus they work out which I love to do for some odd reason..

I know we are getting off track sorry but try to stay on subject.. I know it is just as much of my fault as it is yours.
:ride:

Feb 26, 2006
It doesn't take studying 24/7 to get A's. Just think of getting rewarded with a bike every time you study, and motivate yourself to strive in school. I'm not the most intellegent person but I know that if I work I can get things done. Sometimes I take longer to accomplish a task than others, but every time I do it I get better at it. Eventually I can do the same task faster and more effecient. Anyway, $600 got me two bikes, one older one and one a new race bike. So I think you can find a used bike and maybe some slightly used gear for a little more than $600. Try telling a seller you situation and maybe he'll take a bit of money off. You don't have to be rich to own a dirtbike.

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
White_Wolf said:
I mean my teacher made a mistake or something like that I have got a couple of D's because it is my own fault but most I would not of have since sometimes I will admit I do forget projects and stuff and I forget to study. Ok I might be lazy to every once in awhile but not that is very few.... But who isnt every once in awhile

White_Wolf said:
and really I pefer to be a B's n C's students.

Tell us again why we should tell you what you should say to your mom to convince her you need another toy, another distraction from your school work, something else to wear you out so you don't have the energy to study and get good grades?

You lost me somewhere after you blamed your teacher, claimed to prefer b's and c's, said you were too tired, had a life, and wanted to go out for cheerleading, and forget to do your assignments and "stuff". Maybe if all of us here on DRN gave your mom a little jingle we could have a little talk with her on your behalf. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I do hope you will post this thread one more time when this one goes south shortly. This is the most entertainment I have had all week. I just got back from parent teacher conferences, too!

Honey, you really really need to come to grips with getting good grades. You need to understand that you won't always get everything you want just because your friends have one. Parents know it is a bad idea to spoil your kids and not require more of them. You can do so much better with yourself. It is completely sad that you and your parents would allow you to waste what is obviously an ability to work hard and allow you to settle for poor grades, poor writing, too many "entertainments" and a sense of entitlement. You can do better. Forget about dirtbikes. Go study.

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
Ok here we go going to tell the truth not that I wasn't

I usually make a few A's then most B's and maybe couple C's
I study some but I really do not have to study. I could make straight A's and my mom knows it but she is happy and knows if I want to make straight A's it takes away alot from my friends and activities. She does give me money for A's but still I would rather get B's and have more fun then get A's and get money. Going from a A's to B's is a great leap for me study alot and everything but what I do not get a B is nothing to get for me I can study something for 10 minutes and get a B. I know it sounds werid but it is the truth

I didn't blame my teachers but they do make mistakes sometimes with grades but usually not often. I am not lazy but I do have off days when I do not to do work or if I do I do it poorly but I have one like maybe twice a month if that many.

I would talk about the cheerleading but to long... I said I might try out. I am already on the swim team...

I do not get in trouble in school hardly ever really.

Trust me I do not have everything I want or never have/will be able to get everything I want.

I am paying for the dirtbike... My parents do not spoil me I pay for everything expect cell phone bill. I pay for my gas and half of insurance on truck.

When something major comes up like exams in school I study hard on them and usually do good. If it is something important I will work very hard at it. If it is like a quiz I still work hard enough to get a B or C.

Ok so on average I get B's? B's are bad grades?
Writing I will admit on the computer I do not look at what I am typing plus I text message alot.

Also I do push my self in school but I do not do it in large strides. I do it little by little. Like say if I make a C in English. On the next quiz I will try to get a B. I will not study like a hour more. I might study 10 minutes more if I get a B I will go for a A.

My next post will be from my mom.

I really do try my best in school. I will be back later

Might be in werid order just added stuff as I went...

Feb 26, 2006
Do all of you freinds get B's and C's to have more fun? Trust me, I am not rich and sometimes feel my life will never amount to anything. But you can accomplish your greatest goals if you try hard enough. Everyone has the same ability to accomplish great things, the factor that differs us is how much we must work. My dream is to become a FMX rider, however I do not have the money to waste by bikes and fixing my scars. But I try my best to become a better rider without damaging my life. I educate myself so that I can get a higher paying job so that I can risk more. Fact is, it is easy to give up when you do not have much to lose, but you got to fight it. Life is not easy, and if you want to have a better life, you must work harder.

Feb 26, 2006
It is good to see that Jeremy has good freinds. Also that he would use dirtbiking as an alternative to drugs. I think that is part of why this sport needs to stay alive. If you live in a simular situation as I you are probably surrounded by gangs, violence, drugs, and suicide. I do not live the best life, but when I get on the bike and ride, every thought of those crazy things people around me do just leave my head. It tought me respect, honesty, resposibillity, and to never give up. Anything to keep kids off the streets is a good thing. I agree that it is not a good idea to be crazy on these machines because they are dangerous. Like I told Jeremy, I have a freind the same age as him who is not allowed to ride dirtbikes. Mostly because our freind was killed in a freak ATV accident. He was the best person I had ever met, and taken from this life much too early. However, though it is hard for me to say this, there was a bright side to this tragic event. Travis lived his life to the fullest, he experienced things that most people will never get a chance to. But the thing he loved to do the most was ride his dirtbike. When he died I felt like some great part of this world was taken away. I know for a fact that I could have seen his name as a X-games gold metalist. A great life cut way too short, yet not a wasted life. If he died because of drugs he would not have effected that thousands of people he did. What I'm trying to say is let Jeremy at least try to ride, because you never known when his chance will be taken away.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Mom a couple points
I brought up the part about working on language skills in his first thread and am happy you are already pushing that

The crazy stunts will happen he is a young boy so my next point now comes into play. There should be no excuse to ride without ALL the protective gear. This means he doesn't even start the bike if he is not wearing a helmet and proper boots as well as any other gear YOU prescribe. My son is now 19 and since he first started riding this has been our law and to this day after he washes the bike he puts on boots and a helmet to start the bike and warm it up enough to dry off.
You will find that 98% of the people involved in dirtbikes are pretty good people and the family aspect is pretty powerfull..
Keep enforcing the household laws and try to relax when he jumps on his bike to play

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
This is his mom

I was going to make him wear his helmet and the thing that goes on your chest, I do not know what it is called. Sorry
Are boots really required? Also what do they protect or purpose? I did not think boots were that big of a deal.

He promise me he would get a DOT something like that helmet which he said is the best kind.

We live in a good area of our town. We live in a big town and it is not really the best. There are alot of people that do drugs in the rest of the town. I do not mind him getting a dirt bike since we leave in a good area of the town if we didn't I might of said no.

Douglas777

Sep 19, 2007
Boots are the second most important piece of equipment behind the helmet. VERY important. They protect your ankles, shins, and feet. Your legs (below the knee) take more abuse on a dirtbike than any other part of your body.

Top Bottom