My nephew is a CHICKEN so I will ask for him!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi guys, could you tell us (my nephew and I) which FMF pipe/silencer (spark arrested type) works best for "down and dirty trail work". Hill climbing, NASTY tight trail work, mud, roots and stump jumpin is what we ride!!
Also, if anyone has a BETTER setup (then FMF) feel free to chime in!
Thanks
Woodsy

powercart

Mar 29, 2002
What year is the bike??? My bike is a 94 and i run a fatty, it is an awsome pipe.....really adds to the low end performance :)

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
get the FMF Gnarly and the Power core II silincer...I race the GNCC's in the 200 B class, and do alto of trail ridding and this is the best pipe by far, i have tried 2 diff FMF's and the Dyno ports.

jtktoby

Mar 12, 2003
kx_693,

Hi I’m the Chicken nephew. I just wondered when you say the FMF Gnarly do you mean the Gnarly Rev or the Gnarly Woods (Torque). From what I have read it seams that the Gnarly Woods will be best suited for my kind of riding, but it is only what I have read so any real life experience is very much appreciated.

jtktoby

Mar 12, 2003
Oh and BTW the bikes a ’97 and I wanted to thank woodsy for letting everyone know I’m a chicken.

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Get the Gnarly woods/torque pipe for more bottom end and the rev pipe for more top end. From what you are saying, the Gnarly Torque pipe sounds like a perfect fit. If you want a spark arrestor silencer to go with the pipe, get the FMF turbine core. You will be pleased!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The Fmf profile for improved low-end for either/both 'H' model kdxs is the -35 (torque).

A deltaforceII reed setup to low tension is a likewise large improvement.

ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
I called the factory myself the other day to ask about a pipe also, the version you want for the 97 for what you ride is a Gnarly woods pipe, the other one they make for it is called a Gnarly dessert pipe. Basicialy a rev but they keep changing names for it for some reason.
Do not go with a pro circuit pipe because the pro circuit is their version of a rev pipe. not what you want for the woods and tight trails.
I have a rev on mime right now and it hits at 5500 to 6500 with a turbine core II silencer. I too am going with a Gnarly woods pipe as soon as I find the best deal on one.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Wrong!!! A FmF rev pipe and the pro circut pipe are not the same thing. The rev pipe increases the top end and the ProCircut pipe increases over the whole powerband from bottom to top.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Besides, Kawasaki swears by ProCicircut and they test all there bikes on no other then ProCircut. Kawasaki and ProCircut go hand in hand and have been doing it for many years.. Make no mistakes my friend,, FMF is just as good. It really depends on how you ride as a rider. It also matters on where you ride but i ride in lots of different terrain so i cant have 2 pipes thats why the Procircut is better in this situation. Then figure out, Are u a poker(smooth) or are u a pinner(out of control)? And then figure out from there which fits you the best. If your a poker, then get the woods pipe. If your a pinner then you have 2 options, A FMF rev pipe or a ProCircut pipe. ProCircut has won more championships then FMF ever will in many different types of racing and thats a fact..

dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000

Yada, yada....
KG-35 and do everybody a favor and keep the stock silencer...

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Thanks folks! ALL of your input is greatly appreciated! Hey Neph, glad to see you came out of the coop :)
Woodsy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…