My new bike will be in next week.....and its blue!

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
2001 Husaberg FC550

I had a deposit on a 02 520 sx. This deal came along on the Berg and I could not pass it up... It has many of the features I was wanting on the 520 plus some I wanted but would not get...Like a 6 speed tranny and a bigger tank... I heard one run yesterday and I have to tell you I was impressed...This thing is ornry....12.7:1 compression, 553cc's and 238 lbs.

The only thing that scares me is the resale value. Cause around here used bergs sell for about as much as used XR250's regardless of the year (atleast on pre 2000 models). Only time will tell on that issue. As good as I take care of my bikes though I think I will be ok....

I take delivery next week..........:cool:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Sounds real nice, weighs less than my 300 probably. Are you keeping the orange screamer?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Congrats on the new bike! There is no such a thing as a slow Husaberg, so that new 550 has just got to rip.

Will you be able to pack it into the Neon and are you going to change your name to FC550man?:D

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Congrats sounds like a fun and mean beast, but I fear it would be a little much for me to herd through tight woods. I've always kinda liked Burgs for some reason, maybe the perfomance or maybe its the scarcity but either way they are cool. I love my KTM 250 I have but am already thinking of the next one, probably a 400 EXC.

HUSABERG 501

Aug 5, 2000
Welcome to the elite fighting group. Together with our combined strength we can bring order to the dirtbike world.:p Yea you definatly got the beast, it's got close to 60HP. I heard national rider Ryan Terlecki had a 550 turned out it was too much bike!:eek: Now he's rippin up the competition on a 470. Hope you enjoy the biggest, baddest Berg of them all ;)

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
I knew you couldn't wait...

380EXCman,

I knew you couldn't hold out until the new 02' KTM's were released!:confused: Being without a bike that long is impossible!

Good luck with the new Blue/Yellow brute. I hope we don't see a news story on KTVB about a guy on a Blue/Yellow Rocket that launched himself off a canyon wall near Murphy!:eek:

Jeff

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Yep she should be plenty fast and great bike for the Owyhee desert. Rabbit Creek here I come..........

Hey IDkTm and JAFChE check out the places to ride forum..Me and a buddy are gonna get a ride together for september..It would be cool to get all us DRN Idaho guys together...Sirthumper,mag racer,little thumper,blue thumper,XR predator,mudboy and the rest of us....

Last edited:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Veron, You are correct about how fast and light the Husabergs are. They are responsible for the true racing 4-stroke technology we have today in motorcycles. You are also correct about resale. It sucks!!! Here's the way I look at that. It is the cost of recreation. If you look at it that way then don't give it a second thought. You have chosen an awesome bike!

Mar 10, 2001
380 exe;

I'm very interested in hearing your opinions concerning your fc 550. Heard alot about the 470 , but nothing about the 550. I have a deposit on a 450 CRF, but am considering the 550 or 520 sx or mxc.

Thanks,
Fiberglassflyer

Chris-NJ

May 26, 2000
welcome to the berg family! i had a '97 FE400E and loved it. even as light as it was it was still to heavy for really tight/slow stuff here in NJ/PA, so i got a 250 exc. but that berg is still in my veins, it was awesome and i will get another one someday(just not for ECEA enduro's). It was so good, i looked past the negatives about it. if money is a priority, then your in trouble, resale will be bad. if not then your going to love it even more. welcome and good luck!

efi

Jul 23, 2000
Enjoy your new ride :)

Although I ride a much older version, the bike is still one of the funnest bikes I have ever owned, or what I call: a manageable monster :cool:

Top Bottom