My Non-Motorized Ride Report.

B

biglou

Saturday was my fifth year in a row to ride the MS150 charity bicycle ride. I always just ride the 100 miles on Saturday and have a friend pick me up when that's over. Talk about a great atmosphere. Just me and about 2000 of my closest friends pedaling away, all for a great cause. It's very much like Spodefest/DirtWeek in that you can leave your bike laying around without fear of anyone steeling it. Everyone is so greatful for the effort that is put forth by the riders, and the volunteers and sponsors always step up big for this as well. I am proud to be a part of this and hope to continue for many years to come.
This year was a personal best for me, making the 100 miles in 6 hours and 7 minutes. That equates to an average speed of 16.4 MPH. Not bad for an old fat guy! At Saturday's destination, the state fairgrounds in Sedalia, they have a band inside the arena, free pasta dinner and much more, including Kansas City's own Boullevard Unfiltered Wheat beer on tap! Although I had to pass that up for fear of passing out after one sip. 100 miles will do that to me!
Anyhoo, just thought I'd share my tale of pain and suffering! :)

Top Bottom