Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisycutter

Apr 28, 2003
Why is it when somebody offers advice or replies to a question with an opinion, someone else always has to attack/degrade thier opinion?

Reference this:
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87760

I offer some advice and some idiot has to start an argument. They can't just offer their advice, supporting or non-supporting... NOOO, they actually have to incorrectly dissect what I say and start a stupid debate.

I tell a 40 year old man that a CRF150 is a 13yo's bike or soccermom's bike.

I'm later told that MY OPINION is FALSE b/c some 15yo's ride CRF150s and not all mom's are involved in soccer. WTF??????

Then I'm informed my opinion is not an opinion, but a statement. Hello dummy... ALL OPINIONS when stated are a statement.

It's like I'm having a conversation with somebody and a retarded lamp-post walks up and tells me I'm full of BS. Of course there is no arguing b/c the post knows everything.

In fact when I said that a new KDX is ~$3600 I was wrong b/c the actual MSRP is $3999.

Who the HELL pays actual factory MSRP?

Hello??? This little symbol right here ~ . It means approximately, not exactly. So next time you see this "~$100", it could mean $110 or $99.

I would like to see an adults only forum. There's a woman's forum already. It would be nice to have a place where I could post w/o getting harrassed by some 13yo who spends more time memorizing factory MSRPs and bike reviews for toys he'll never afford working at "Taco Bell", than doing his homework.

This crap happens every other time I post here. What gives? Trolls?

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
I agree. Teens on forums suck. I have learned to tell them apart though. I just ignore them. Occasionally, I lay the smack down on them.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
"Rapier" wit.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Nevermind. :|

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There are just as many annoying, clueless , slow witted, humorless adults out here, so IN MY OPINION the "adults only" concept is flawed at best.

I'd gladly trade a lot of the dillweed "wouldn't know a fact if it kicked them in the nuts" adults around here for a few more of the kids that try hard to make this a better place.

Public forums have the unfortunate habit of bringing out the PUBLIC, and they bring their warts and personally quirks with them. Best bet is to probably just ignore the PITA types and enjoy the good stuff. :confused:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Daisycutter, I've ran your post through the spelling and grammer processor and found some erros in it :p

Daisycutter

Apr 28, 2003
I don't posses the power edit my own posts. I saw some spleeing (sp) errors as well. Sorry.

That said, you had to utilize a "spell-checker" to find them. ;)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Daisycutter, you sure have thin skin - your advice was probably correct, but the soccer mom and kid reference was probably not needed. I think some of the comments about soccer moms thereafter were in jest - so lighten up buddy. :)

looks like the guy himself has found out that the KX100 is way too small for him.

Nah guys, we don't need the waambulance just yet, just a wheelbarrow to pick up the dropped lip :p :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I think Alan is right...you got your feelings hurt.
Try not to be so sensitive.

BTW..I own both a 13 yr old and a 15 yr old.
The 13 yr (5'2") old is not big enough to ride a full frame bike without modifications. And the 15 yr old is 6'-1", I'll let you decide what he can ride.

I have a pal who is 45 yrs old and 5'6". He rides a CRF150 becasue he can't feel comfortable on a full frame bike without modifications.
He rides lots and has a great time!

For what it's worth...I've felt from the start that the "What bike should I get" forum was a bad idea.
Great place for kids to argue about senseless crap though.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Jaybird posts: The 13 yr (5'2") old is not big enough to ride a full frame bike without modifications

That being said, does that relate at all to the fact that you finally got a "full-sized, man's bike." Maybe when your 13 yr old gets a little bigger, you can give him your tiddler, 125 bike?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Jaybird

Great place for kids to argue about senseless crap though.

I try to keep that to a minimum. Hopefully I'm doing a fair job.

The hardest part is knowing that some of the kids actually want real help they just have not learned the necessary communication skills to get the responses they need. That and they are so narcisistic that they think just b/c they know what they are talking about everyone else does too.

There are a lot of very tough judgement calls that are made in there.

Overall it is tough to say it is a bad idea. If we didn't have that forum then the question would be asked in other forums.

Ivan

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
As popular as this place is, the 'What bike do I get" forum is really great for newbies. I scoured DRN before I bought my bike. The input I got here steered me to a bike that makes me grin like no other could. I'm a 100% happy dog as a result.

But ya gotta have shins made of steel and keep your mouth (fingers?) in check in any 'Net forum. Navigating through a flame fest isn't something for the faint of heart. But it sure can be FUN! :confused:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Shoot, that's where I go for entertainment :laugh:

DC, don't ever worry about your spelling, thats da furst thang poeple ettack whan day get upsat.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
In my opinion, opinions are like, er, um, cowboy hats. Yeah, cowboy hats. I don't know why, they just are.

By the way, the waaahmbulance is idling at the curb. Just waiting for Rich to finish putting the Fox stickers on the back window.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
)snicker(
Gosh this is amusing.
"Do i get me a 'little' 100 or go for the big bad 250?"
)snicker(

i'm 41, 5'10" tall (wearing boots) weigh.....hmmm...fat, im FAT o.k.???!!! :eek:
My 'little' bike is a 500........ :confused: :thumb:

Daisycutter

Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by TheJunkMan
I wouldn't worry about it its just the internet and it isn't real. so just ignore the stupid ones and you will feel better.

True...True.

The petty bickering is what finally drove me away from gun forums. The whole 9mm vs. .45 thing.

Ride what you think is cool. There ain't a waambulance anywhere that can catch my CR500 on AZ singletrack.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Daisycutter
There ain't a waambulance anywhere that can catch my CR500 on AZ singletrack.

Pred - I think that sounds like a challenge to me. :p
Pull the waaahmbulance around back and we'll throw some serious demon tweaks at it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Daisycutter
There ain't a waambulance anywhere that can catch my CR500 on AZ singletrack.
Oh yeah? Well my friend has a Banshee with stuff on it and I beat him in a drag race with my RM80 when it hit on the new powerband and porting and stuff my other friends brother did to it.

If you want a true appriciation of how good things really are go do a search for "dirtbike" and check out some of the forums that hit at the top. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom