gurt

Feb 25, 2006
:bang: I let my neighbor borrow my kdx for the weekend and it came back in the worst shape its ever been in! theres exhaust spooge everywhere, the front brake is stuck, my oil is white, the drain plug threads are stripped, the filler cap is torn in half, the back fender is shaved up from almost flipping on the street, my new front fender is all scraped from the bike being dumped (in addition to bending my bars), the clutch cable is broken, and the return spring from the brake pedal is missing. In addition to that he messed with the idle and air screw, stiffened the forks to the harshest they can be, and put on a shorter gas line that is pinching itself shut.
I don't even know where to start with this wreck.
so, to get to the question,does anybody know what the stock fork and carb settings are? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Ouch, how did he manage to do this anyways? Im assuming he at least had some riding experience or you wouldnt have let him borrow it?

I might let my neighbor borrow my KDX because he is a good rider but managed to total his 400ex a few weeks ago. Hes debating buying a new one or fixing the old one, both options would cost about the same.

GabeM

Apr 17, 2002
the hard thing here is that he managed all this in a weekend?
did the guy enter the "last man standing" competition or what?

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
I have no idea how he managed to mess things up so badly in one weekend. He does have riding experience, and I thought he had mechanical experience considering he has been going to school for the past 1.5 years to be a car mechanic, but I guess I know now. Hopefully I can get him to pay for everything thats screwed up or else this winter I may just have to have an "accident" with his new rev.

Top Bottom