Skinnghi

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 15, 2006
After about 2 and a half months or so of planning, ordering, and working on the bike, I've completley rebuilt it to a pretty sweet machine.

The bike was a pretty simple looking stock bike with a few extras, but after about 5 top ends it rode like a heavy 125. I scotchbrighted the frame and aluminum and cleaned/polished it all up.

I did:
- Complete Bottom End (New Crank, bearing, clutch, pins, plates etc.)
- Complete Wiseco top end
- New Cylinder
- Front and rear Ironman Sprockets
- Sunline Shifter
- All new plastic
- New graphics
- New front tire
- New brake pads (Front and rear)
- New silencer
- New Throttle and Clutch Cables
- About half the bolts and nuts replaced
- New air filters
- New Pro Taper bars (CR High)
- New grips
- New Renthal O-Ring Chain
- Cut down the front number plate to make it more appealing
- Re-greased all of the bearings and new seals
- New AC Racign Aluminum Subframe
- Scotts triple clamp
- New Overflow tubes (Clear) that I got for about 2 bucks from Lowes

* Soon to come * - Radiator Braces

Anyways, thought I'd share it with ya'll, pretty happy with how it turned out.

Side Shot
100_2623.jpg

Front Numberplate (Cut Down)
100_2627.jpg

Engine Shot (Overflow Tubes)
100_2634.jpg

Graphics
100_2626.jpg

Skinnghi

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 15, 2006
And after a quick trip up north with high hopes, and finding out the bike turned out great, the tree ruined the trip.

The truck
100_2642_edited.jpg

If it wern't for bad luck, I'd have none at all eh? :think:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I don't think Barkbusters would have helped!!!!!
Sweet Bike.

Skinnghi

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 15, 2006
Haha, let's hope not. Still figuring things out with the insurance agency.

It happened when we tried to miss that branch in the mid puddle late at night and appearently the outside of the road was mucky and that tree's right on the side of the road. Unfortunate happenings.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Skinnghi said:
Haha, let's hope not. Still figuring things out with the insurance agency.

It happened when we tried to miss that branch in the mid puddle late at night and appearently the outside of the road was mucky and that tree's right on the side of the road. Unfortunate happenings.

I think the branch would of done waaaaaaay less damage :yikes:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
The bike looks great! Nice job Too bad about your truck though :(

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Good job on the scoot!! Icky on the truck though,, hopefully no one was injured!!! Was your bike in the back of your truck when you hit?? One of YZMANS riding buddies (Hubey :) ) totaled his truck in a head on collision and his bike was on a trailer behind him when he hit. I was right behind him when it happened. He had the bike in an ATK bike shoe, the back end of the bike (XR650 too) lifted up on impact and landed right back where it was- NO DAMAGE to the bike at all!!
Anyway,, sorry to hear about your misfortune for sure..
Woodsy

Skinnghi

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 15, 2006
Haha yea that would be the fear that the bike would slingshot over the truck and fly off on down the road as you scream and yell in pain.

But no, the bike was at the cabin while we were out, so luckily it was saved, it's just too bad it wont get me back and forth to work/school :(

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
woodsy said:
Good job on the scoot!! Icky on the truck though,, hopefully no one was injured!!! Was your bike in the back of your truck when you hit?? One of YZMANS riding buddies (Hubey :) ) totaled his truck ..................

Correction.....One of WOODSY's buddies Hubey totaled his truck. I dont claim Hubey on my friend list. More of a distant aquanance.

Hubey is kinda like that person at the mall that you bump into and stop and talk to for like 15 minutes. Then as you walk away you look at your wife and ask...." do you have any idea who that was??"........That would be me and Hubey :rotfl:

But Woodsy and Hubey....They are tight. Woodsy is Hubey's faaaaaavorite person to ride with :laugh:

:p

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Man ... I just don't get enough time on the computer anymore ... haven't been able to spend any time on the site in quite awhile ... today I log on and find out that Mark has passed, INCA is recovering and some Dude [Skinnghi] has rebuilt his bike and wrecked his truck ...

The bike looked extremely familiar ... so much so I almost went out in the garage to check on the one that's sitting out there ... then I saw the truck ... yup ... that's my boy and both of his rides. I didn't know he was posting on this site to a bunch of folks whom I consider friends ... maybe I can talk to him electronically?

While Tom didn't mention it, both him and his buddy who was driving at the time their semi-irresistible force contacted Mother Nature's absolutely immovable object are free of any serious injuries! Perfectly good truck bites the dust ... totalled!

If you folks don't think that Tom, who is 20 years old and attending college, is suffering ... I put in the photo below which was taken the day before ... well, Tom survived, we can replace the truck ... but the memories will remain forever!

nestrick :(

Attachments

• Tom's-truck-for-web-70K.jpg
    Tom's-truck-for-web-70K.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 120

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Brian - That is close to the question the boy asked the farmer who was helping a cow giving a breech birth. How fast was it going when it hit?

Top Bottom