WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
I know this is late, but I want to show some pictures of my ride last memorial day weekend.

My husband, my son and daughter, Randy, and myself went up to Drummond Island on on Sunday and I rode 29 miles of THE ROCK. This was my first time there and I was a little nervous because of all the horror stories I have heard. My husband rode an enduro there about 10 years ago, and spoke of the slippery slimmy rocks.

I encountered logs upon logs, rocks, and mud throughout. I have not mastered logs yet, and found 6 in a row was my limit as I struggled to get the bike over them. I am ok if they are under 6 inches and are touching the ground, but when they are bigger and not touching the ground I fight my bike over them. I can say I was exhausted at one point.

Some single line trails
drummond019.jpg

drummond018.jpg

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Me decending Marble head.
drummond039.jpg

drummond041.jpg

My Son, TJ, who had to take the toughest route.
drummond036.jpg

At look out point Bruno, Randy (a family friend), and Myself
drummond052.jpg

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That looks like fun! But you won't catch me there!!! I would smash myself into a rock or tumble down or something.

Apr 30, 2007
Nice writeup and great pictures! It's really interesting to hear of places that have hills and rocks. Especially since there are no hills OR rocks for quite a ways where I live.

Where-abouts is this Drummond Island located roughly?

My boyfriend and I plan on taking a few trail rides (sometime...). However, none will be half as adventureous as your's I hope. Somehow I don't think my little Cr80 wouldn't do very well in the rocks.

Tolle'

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
justalonewolf007 said:
Somehow I don't think my little Cr80 wouldn't do very well in the rocks.

Tolle'

Dont me so sure. My son has rode out there on a TTR90 when he was 8 yrs old. we did around 35 miles of trail/2-track. He loved every second of it. He beat the hell out of his poor little 90 but what the heck thats what they are for.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Drummond Island is located on the far east side of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We did not even ride half of the trail there. There is a ferry ride to get over to the island. That is a cool experience as well.

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Of course if you have a few extra minutes you could always try Birch Hill. It's only 9 miles but it will give you a quick warm up for Drummond.

Top Bottom