lunkkhead1

May 1, 2007
got an 01 kx85 we were in central or. riding my son said he was putten around and the bike just died it was the end of our weekend, so i jst loaded up got home. and went to check it out following weekend, has blue spark at plug, is getting fuel tryd 3 diff plugs the bike will not fire!!?? any help would be awesome thnx.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You need Fuel/Air, Spark & Compression for a 2 stroke to run.. remove any of these and they won't..

You have spark. Are you getting fuel? Don't just assume you are.. Pull the carb and give it a good cleaning, make sure all the jets and whatnot are clean and clear.

Are the reeds in good shape? While you have the carb off soaking, pull the reed cage and check them for cracks and that they seat on the cage. If there are cracks or they sit off of the cage, even a little, replace them.

Do a compression check with a compression gauge. Make sure it's within spec. If not, its time to do a top end.

It could also be that you don't have enough of a spark.. Yeah, it looks good when you have the plug out of the head, but when it's in the head, it's not enough to fire the bike.

Hope this helps..

lunkkhead1

May 1, 2007
thnx,indyyz85 I did tear the carb apart checked reads spark is hot not positve on comp. but friend mentioned shear key in fly wheel. could be firing off time?? thnx for the reply will be doen comp. check thnx again.

Top Bottom