BIG RYE

Apr 29, 2001
My 9 year old son is going to be getting a 2001 TTR 90 Monday . I just traded in his 98 JR50 . Can anyone tell me the goods and the bads of this bike and of any Modifications I can make to make this bike the best it can be. After he is used to it that is.

Buell

Dec 1, 1999
My son had one before we moved him up to a CR80. Only thing I ever did to it was change the oil and clean the air filter every few rides...fill with gas....ride...repeat :) It's a great little bike, I've seen a few kids lately with FMF pipes on them but I don't know how much power they add. ;)

Strach

Nov 22, 2000
Big Rye
My son rides a TTR 90 also. It is his first bike and he is just having a blast with it. He even wants to try motocross with it. As Buell said all you have to do is those few things and its good to go! I think its probably the nicest looking of the bikes in its class too! Your little guy is going to dig it:cool:
Strach

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
TTR 90

I bought my son and he loves it. Change the oil requently and keep the air filter clean. He raced it Friday night and came in 6th out of 13 Kaw 60's and 65's and 1 ktm sx65. I need to move him up to a faster bike with more travel. I removed the snorkel as it seemed very restrictive. My son and I think it has better response but it may be that it sounds faster. It has gotten louder than when it was new. Its a great bike. Better than my Z50 when I was a lad.:D

Top Bottom