RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I thought I would share this experience with you all.He suffered from what we believe to be absestos related lung cancer.It started last summer and went thru treatment etc.Last week he went back to the hospital as things worsened.Thursday I took off work early to be with him and talk some.He knew time was short and told me so.I thanked him for all the good memories and the example he was to me growing up and all.I told him I loved him.He said to me he accepted what was happening and smiled.he turned for the worse on Friday so all my cousinsdid a round the clock vigil with him to see that he was comfortable.We would talk when he could.I could tell it meant a lot to him to have all his nieces and nephews around him.We all laughed and cried together with his son and daughter and each other.I came away from all this after he passed on with a new respect for dying and being with those we love to see them off.To tenderly hold his hand,rub his back,give him water was so comforting to me that I have a certain joy about all this.Our society seems to be afraid of death that we shy away from it.I know in the 1800's this was all accepted as most people died in their homes with loved ones around.What a way to be seen off to the hereafter! I will miss him at all the family parties and all.......but I know in my heart I did the right thing and faced my own fear of dying to be with him :) Here is to you Uncle Bill....you are loved :) and soon as I can....I'll tip an"old Style" beer to ya

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm so sorry to hear. I went through a very similar situation just a couple of weeks ago. It is very hard to lose someone.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm saddened by your loss and extend my condolences. You have a great grasp of happiness and life. It will serve you well.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Thank you Fire....and I am sorry for your loss also.You are in my prayers.And thank you Swift for your encouraging words :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Sorry to hear of your loss but it is comforting for all to see that it was handled with a lot of dignity and a united family. I'm sure that your Uncle Bill really did appreciate all that family love.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:( You're in our thoughts.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I don't think he could have asked for a better send off. It's painful to be sure, but you know that you handled it as well as possible. And for that, your uncle is surely and eternally greatful.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Very sorry to hear of your loss. You have an incredibly healthy attitude. I hope I handle it half as well when my dad goes. He is 79.

Your uncle was blessed to have such a great family.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Thank you Senior KX. Thank you so much walt. Thank you GETME and your reflections.Thank you also ELK. GW,you made me feel good on what i did. Thank you JOE in what you see in me.And you know what JOE? I have every bit of confidence that you will step up and find strength you never knew existed and you will give back to your dad what he gave you in life.There is something deep in our souls that stirs when we face the loss of those we love.You have what it takes. "Tis better to love and lost than to have never have loved at all." :)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sorry to hear of your loss - sounds like you celebrated his life nicely.

Top Bottom