Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
My Girlfriend left for Dallas on the Monday before X-mas to take her mother to see her brothers family there. My brother also lives in Dallas. I was suppost to leave on X-mas Eve. I would be staying with my bro and his family. 6:45 A.M. X-mas eve, wake up to some serious hurting. Buy 8:00 I was on my way to the clinc. By 12:00 I was on my way to get an IVP. They inject you with some die and the x-ray your guts. 3 biguns were found (kindey stones)

About 5 O'clock I'm feeling fine and the doc checks the x-rays and releases me to "drink lots of fluids and see if you pass the stone". A 6 hour drive is not advised so I'm stuck home alone with no gifts to open and most of my buddies out of town as well as my SO.

A friend invited me to X-mas dinner. I felt fine and even had a beer (hey, its a liquid right?) At 9:40 P.M. X-mas day they are filling my truck full of left overs so I don't have to cook. I feel a little pain coming on. By the time I got home if was full on. I waited about 30 minutes to see if it would go away. Didn't happen. Off to the ER for some serious drugs. I get there and tell them what the deal is and they start an IV and dope me up with some Morphine (lots of it). They admited me into the hospital and took more X-rays of my gut and lots more morphine. I still had pain. The plan was to keep me doped up and wait to see if they passed.

Saturday they went in to get them as they had moved but were not moving much. The left kidney was totaly block. They went up my urr...um "Thing" with a laser and scope to break them out. I must say this episode was more painful than the last, which was 2 years ago on New Years eve with no drugs at all. They left a stint in there that will have to be removed later :uh:

I have been recovering ever since. They let me out of the hospital this morning after using me for a human pin cusion for all stray needles hospital sunday and monday. I have a bad fever Monday so they didn't let me go. They just pumped me full of antibiotics (IV)

Even worse news Is that I will meet all of my deductables for my insurance this year. They start over on Jan 1. I will have plenty of out of pocket expence for this as it is let alone if any thing happens next year it will be the same. It was suggested that I check with them and see if they can roll it over to next year.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
That really is a crappy Christmas - hope you are feeling better Dan !

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Dan, sorry to hear it!

Hope that recovery will be soon!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Ouch! Hope you get better soon.  :scream:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Bummer...get well soon man!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
y'know, I feel ya dog with the kidney stones, but check your insurance to see if you got 4th quarter carry over. I know ours does it here. Worth a shot, and might make you feel a little better.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dang it Dan! That sux, hope you get better soon.

Maybe you aren't riding enough to break them babies up. ;)

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
LOL, Thanks guys

I still feel a bit bloated from all the IV stuff the pumped in me, but this morning I feel realy good and getting around is much easier today. :cool:

Its too bad that I had already put in my vacation for the whole week (our office is closed and they make you take vacation) and now I can't ride. The lease is finaly opened up from the hunters so all the good trails were open on x-mas :| I guess that will make healing up that much better! :yeehaw:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by WaltCMoto
Hope they got em all and urine fine shape soon.
:)

My ex-bro in law has a small jar with his collection of passed stones inside. That stuff looks like it might hurt. :eek:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
If I could, I would say 'I feel your pain', but thank GAWD I can't. :eek: I'm glad to hear everything 'came out ok.' :) Take care.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I've never had the pleasure of passing a kidney stone, but what kind of size are we talking about here? Are they microscopic and just hurt like heck, or are they actually decent sized stones? I'm assuming they're decent sized if JP's bud has them in a jar.

Either way, doesn't sound like fun. I'm glad you're feeling better.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
DUUUUDE, that brought back some painful memories, at least mine weren't at the holidays! and I thought four days with my inlaws was bad........... Feel better soon :yeehaw: (this guy is for when the morphine kicks in)

Top Bottom