YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
I have read many positive reviews about Mylers Radiator Repair on this site. Has anyone ever bought one of their "Super Cool Radiators"? I fixed one leak on the tank with JB Weld that has held for about 6-8 months. I now have a leak on one of the fins and Im not sure I can fix that one. The radiator has seen better days...I thought about buying one of their Super Cool Radiators for $135, it seems like a bargain. They claim that they are stronger and cool better than stock...has anybody had any experiences with these?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Haven't bought their rads but I would definately send the one you have to them for a repair. Mylars can do wonders on most repairs (I have sent them 5 or 6 over the years) and if they say they can not fix yours then give them a try. I am sure if you call them and explain what you want they will be honest about whether to repair or replace.
Worse case you are out shipping- best case they do the repair and you save $$ over buying a replacement

YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
Ive considered sending it in, but it has 2 repaired leaks and it is bent so much it barely fits my shroud. Most repairs cost around $65-$70, per Mylers website, so I figured why not get a stronger one for only $70 more.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I've had nothing but great experiences with Mylars. :cool:

That's a great price for a new radiator, and likely a better one to boot! :nod:

YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
I called Mylers. They said for my particular situation, it may be better to go with the aftermarket radiator. The repairs were going to cost between $60 and $120. I bought a new "Super Cool Radiator" for $135 (left side only). The guy claimed the tanks and fittings are stronger and they have a thicker coil than stock, so they should cool better...we will see.

Top Bottom