jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
I have a 2002 YZ125.It has the athena racing top end kit,with Cylinder and all.I Think any piston and ring set will fit?Because it's not a big bore kit.Any thoughts with nanura?They seem cheap??I don't want junk though!!Any thoughts??

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
Katherinejjm said:
Great thread! Also my favorite view.
really???? mine too...
i guess we have a lot in common... would you like to go out one of these days to have a drink?

ahhhh, allright. you cannot drink, spammer :|

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
I know a lot of people that puts Namuras on they´re 4 strokes and ride hard (national champ. riders), no problem.
On 2 strokes i hadn´t been very lucky. on a cr 125 the piston doesn´t hold up very well, like a vertex, with a semi weared bore. on a yz 250 the piston just explode himself after a few running hours with no apparent reason besides the skirt is thinner than my cr80 piston. It seems more brittle than other pistons for the same bike as well.

By no means i am no expert but some friends that do own maintenance on they´re bikes hasn´t been lucky as well. :cool:

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
If you don't feel Ok with them don't buy them, they come at about half the price than a Woessner piston kit. Not sure if saving 60 bucks is worth a destroyed cylinder or else. Not saying that it will but I think you have to lubricate high when riding hard anyway.

I personally run Proxlite, OEM and Woessner. They come in different sizes which is important to me.

jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
I was just thinking about proxlite?They worked great for me in the past on my kx 250.Never heard of woessner?I guess I haven't picked up a dirt rider magazine in a while lol?

jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
And NO I don't care about the 60 bucks extra for better top end parts.125cc's are bombs anyway for piston aging!!!I want the best stuff when im far from home!!

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
most people around here run wiseco or wossner for forged and vertex or oem for cast pistons.

Top Bottom