gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Given what's going on down in Daytona, I thought I'd bring this up.

Several years ago, I read a story on professional sports and cheating. One of the assertions was that NASCAR is highly suspect. Two of the examples were as follows:

1- On July 4th, 1984, in front of President Ronald Reagan, Richard Petty won his 200th and final race. He hadn't won in years and never won again.

2- On July 4th, 2001, the very same year, the very same track where his father was killed, Dale Earnhart, Jr. won his first race.

Daytona is a restrictor plate track. NASCAR hands out the restrictor plates prior to the race. In order to boost the warm, fuzzy feelings and promote the sport, think of how easy it would be for NASCAR to give out a restrictor plate that was just enough bigger to give a much loved racer an advantage to win.

Now we have another situation. The typical good ol' boy NASCAR fan has to hate the fact that Toyota is in the race. What a great way to insure that Toyota wouldn't win their first race at the biggest race of the year. Find some "mysterious" substance in the intake manifold and send them to the rear. Not only does it hamper chances for a victory, but it dirties the name Toyota.

Obviously, it would be a MAJOR victory to win their first race at their debut in Daytona. But would anyone in the Toyota pits have been so greedy as to risk this?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Funny that the toyota camry is the only car in nascar that's actually made in America. Obviously meaning the cars they represent in production form.

Nov 25, 2006
Did you guys catch the ending? It was awesome! A side by side drag race to the finish, then half the cars get wiped out, and the 18th place guy skids across the finish line on his roof! Great Race.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
NASCAR?

Kinda like quad racing, IMHO. (Boooooooring)

:p

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Yeah, conspiracy or no, that was one wild finish. Nothing better than a good wild race.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
mideastrider said:
Michael Waltrip’s team almost gets banned from racing.
Jeff Gordon’s little infraction was…” unintentional”.
How’s that work?

Very simple, what Waltrip's team did was intentionally screw with the fuel. Gordon had a part break in the normal course of the race.

Any questions?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Wait till "the GOAT" is behind the wheel...........He'll be able to win PUSHING his car around! LOL

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Rooster said:
NASCAR?

Kinda like quad racing, IMHO. (Boooooooring)

:p

:laugh: I'm with ya on that one :nod:

rider3302

Mar 8, 2005
I didn't see the race , only highlights but let me get this straight... they race around in circles for 495 miles just to restart them all together for the last 2 laps or so and end up with a photo finish and only a dozen cars left undamaged. Shoulda called it the Daytona 5 and fliped coins to be in it, heads your in tails your out!! :coocoo:

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
Okiewan said:
Is that really the case? I assumed there was a flag or something.

They raced up until the last 2 laps because there was a accident so the race was red flagged then they did the pace laps and were off for the last 2 laps.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
NASCAR Overtime, so to speak. Line 'em up and then give a green, then a white, then the checkers.

side note: The car in the lead at the final restart driven by Mark Martin is owned by the guys who hired Carmichael. Looks like he'll have good equipment under him.

and the guy who went across the finish line on his top in the Jack Daniels 07 car, Clint Bowyer, is the brother of Racer X writer Andy Bowyer.

All kinds of moto connections.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
...so Neckcar is rigged and it's all a big conspiracy? :think:

I'm glad I take my meds on a daily basis so I don't have to come up with half-cocked nonsense type stuff. :laugh:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I still can't believe the G.O.A.T. is going into this... :|

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Doesn't motocross bring lots of money? I mean look at all what James Stewart has!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Top 3 makes alot of money,after that if any make more than 75,000 a year I would be surprised. Good thread on the circle jerks! Nascar would not mess with them plates,ama would not meddle in pushing 4stroke sales, and I am gonna run right out a buy a lotto ticket!!!!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah well he was #1.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
75K a year? Rooster could live with that. Wait a minute ... Rooster could live TWICE with that kind of income :ride:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
IndyYZ85 said:
Very simple, what Waltrip's team did was intentionally screw with the fuel. Gordon had a part break in the normal course of the race.

Any questions?

And which part was it that broke and dropped both sides a full inch in the rear? Funny how nobody seems to be able to pinpoint the breakage and tell about it...or maybe I missed it in the articles I read. Nascrap!

Top Bottom