KNeese

Nov 19, 2001
I got word today my minute is 72 for the Quicksilver. A couple days ago I got my minute for the Desert Mountain. I'm on 44 there. I'm really looking forward to both events.

My confirmation from AZ stated something about carrying a comb and tweezers. Personal grooming for the TV cameras perhaps?

The countdown has begun!! I leave next Thursday. Wahoo!!!

superfly

Dec 2, 2001
If you've never ridden in Arizona, you need to beware of the cholla cactus. They look like small light green fuzzy balls, but they have a propulsion system of their own and like to jump on you as you ride by. If you get one attached to your arm, be prepared with a comb to fling it off. If you touch it with your other hand, then you're done. Also, prepare for your arm to numb up totally for the rest of the day. Too much fun!!

KNeese

Nov 19, 2001
Thanks for the info. I will bring the comb. Sounds like some nasty stuff. Do you think there might be some of that type of cactus on the course? If they are true enduro riders I'm sure they will run us through fields of the stuff!!!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Cholla is also known as 'jumping cactus'. Basically, the ends of the thorns are so fine, they are hard to see so you will brush up against it easier and sooner than you think.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
They will run you through lots of cactus in Wickenburg. Stuff a pair of needlenose pliers in the top of your boot for quick draw thorn removal.

Top Bottom