LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dave and I grabbed the camcorder, and drove a couple hours into PA on Sunday to go see our first outdoor National trials.  Very cool!  The complete loop wasn't really spectator friendly, but we did get to see several very good sections.  I understand it rained Saturday morning, but then was ok for the event.  However I guess it rained cats & dogs Saturday night, so Sunday's event was quite interesting.  It was fun for us spectators just trying to climb around the muddy rocks to get to the sections!

Section 2 was a definite points-taker for everyone.  On the first loop, we didn't see any of the champions get out of there with less than a 3, I think.  Geoff Aaron totally whiffed the section-- trying to climb a short rock ledge.  He went forward, but his front wheel just STOPPED, and his bike spit out from behind him.  He cleaned the next section though-- way to keep focused!  I'm glad to see that even the champs biff once in a while. ;)

We also saw a very young boy-- couldn't have been more than 10 or 12 years old, riding in the HS class.  He was smaller than his bike (a Beta Rev 3)!  He took the sportsman line through section 4 (I think) on the first loop, and only carded a 1!  And got a HUGE round of applause from the audience!  That kid is gonna be GOOD when he gets older. 

All in all, a fun day watching the pros do some really technical riding. :worship:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sweet! Got any stills? Maybe some on line video? :)

Top Bottom