truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I am from Spartanburg, SC and ride in NC a lot. I hit the Taylorsville area with the Mid-East stuff and www.nchsa.org

I mostly ride at TNT in Chester, SC. It is about an hour south of Charlotte.

My personal e-mail is ts at truespode dot net.

Ivan

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Yeah we ride the mideast series. Good series to ride at. Also ride the NC series when time permits. Enjoy riding at Brown Mt. OHV too. Where are you riding in WNC.

grover_777

Dec 18, 2007
Hey guys. I live just outside the Charlotte area. I mostly ride up at Brown Mtn or Brushy Mtn. I ride trails mostly. Just checked out CAW for the first time last weekend. Pretty nice place from what i could tell.

mike109

Nov 20, 2007
carolina adventure world
is located just pass tnt
on camp welfare road
nothin but trails that are very nice

also i ride a sumter national forest

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I am probably going to TNT this Sunday if anyone wants to catch me.

Not 100% yet but if you happen to be there and see a YZ250F with #944 and Dirtrider.net fender stickers on it that is probably me. If it is on the ground with a guy laughing and looking stupid then it is definitely me :)

Ivan

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
They actually have two, but only one is open right now. It is VERY long and fast, but not very good jumps. The second track is still being worked on. What I'm most impressed with at CAW is the trails. Love um. ;)

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I was checking the trail map out on the web site it looks like they have quiet a few oneway trails also. Those 2ways can get kinda hairy sometimes. What about all those state roads thats running everywhere, hows that work?
Truespode you every ride up at brown mt.?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I rode at Brown Mt a couple times and the 2-way trails and qwad yahoos with no helmets and lots of beer scared me off.

I prefer Brushy over Brown Mt any day.

I usually ride at TNT but I'm friends with Barbara so I am biased.

Ivan

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Yeah the qwad yahoos can be bad. Can't ride the main rode up the center at all, quads all over it.
We have a route where we are always on oneway or single track stuff. Ride all day and never see over 2 or 3 quads except in the parking area that makes for a good day.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Ivan they have changed CAW quite a bit since they opened it. The only trails that are 2-way now are the main connectors. Almost all the trails are one way now and the single track is DEFINATELY one way. If you haven't been in a while I'd seriously recommend checking it out.

Brown mtn is pretty trashed now. I didn't even go this year. Brushy is still a great place to ride though. ;)

And just remember guys...... Not all quad riders are yahoos. I'm a quad rider too and I don't drink and drive and chances are good I can show ya the way around the trail pretty good even on 4 wheels. ;)

grover_777

Dec 18, 2007
Nothing wrong with Brown. I've been up there over a dozen times this summer with no problems. Haven't seen any beer drinking or riding without helmets. I too try to stay off the main trail at Brown just cause its not a fun trail. Only problem i've had up there with the quads was a string of them that didn't want to let us by. Followed them for a few minutes and then blew by them once we got the chance.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
We were at the awards banquet yesterday and they were talking about it.I think it opens new years day. So far they have a 1 mile course laid out. Mostly motoX type stuff.

Top Bottom