dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
My friend and I are thinking long and hard about racing the NCHSA hare scramble this weekend at devils ridge. What should I expect?

This particular race is 1 hr long, so I need to get a camelbak. I can borrow a friends bark busters too.

I know in some hare scrambles there is a motocross element. Will there be any here?

Any tips from HS racers?

Thanks!!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The NCHSA has a site, http://www.nchsa.org

They also have a mailing list (I think it is done by Yahoo).

This will get better responses in the HS forum...I'll move it.

From my limited personal experiences doing HSs, don't even consider it without bark busters.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
thanks gomer... while I was typing that I completely forgot to ask if anyone else was going to be there!!

I do stuff like that too often :(

P.S. I'll check out that site.

Rut Rider

Sep 12, 2001
dell30rb,

I have raced the devils ridge track in the NCHSA series a few times. There is a motocross track in the race. I didn't get a chance to race it last year but I don't think it has changed much. The woods are good and tight like all NCHSA tracks. Not any hills to worry about. If you race Devils Ridge or any other NCHSA harescramble make sure you have some bark busters. I raced my first harescramble without any because I didn't know any better. I payed for it too. What class are you running? Our races are 1.5 hrs long for B and 2hrs. for A. Just remember if this is your first harescramble just go out and have fun, and count it a win if you finish.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I think Dell is racing the mini class and that may be 1 hour... I can't remember.

One thing to note... you'll meet a lot of great people at any NCHSA race.

Ivan

Top Bottom