D_K

Mar 23, 2009
Hey guys so heres my problem, i have around 4,000$ to play with here on my new bike so im obviously going to buy used, and im having trouble deciding which bike to get

Im looking to buy a dual purpose, preferably a 650 and from what Ive seen i could pick up an 06 KLR 650 for that price, i already sat on the klr's but haven't driven them yet, and i have done some extensive research on the bike.

the other bike im looking at is a DR650. Between the 2 i would pick the KLR but i haven't read a whole lot on the DR's so im wondering how reliable they are.

The riding ill be doing is fire roads,4wheel trails,and the odd pit but im not concerned about how the bike preforms in it not something i do a lot. From what i have read and heard the bikes aren't to bad in any of these if you get a more aggressive tire and that's no problem to me.

Any advice or other suggestions would be nice
Thanks in advance

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I've seen a lot of DRs on the road. I think you're just picking one pig over another, and the only real difference is color.

Actually, the KLRs I've seen look more street oriented, while the DRs look more dirt worthy.

Just my two cents.

Top Bottom