ZR2

Jun 24, 2003
Hi, im pretty new to this forum and even though I registered a while ago, I always read but never post, I made a post a few weeks ago and it was deleted because I didnt' read the rules, I read the rules and I do not know what I did, my only question was which 4 stroke 250 would you recommend.

Im 16 years old and im 5'11, 170 pounds and I currently have a 2002 CR125. I know the engine for that year sucks and I ride the thing pretty damn hard, I race in intermediate and novice classes and do pretty good. I have had the bike goin on for 2 and half years now and I keep puttin top ends on it like no other. I wanna stay in the 125 class and wanted to know which bike you would recommend. I ride every kind of terrain and know how to do most maintence.

Im planning on getting the bike when the 05's come out and was just wondering if Yamaha has the best motor again because thats what im mostly focusing on or another Honda, hell maybe even the kawasuki's. Wanna help me out and compare the bikes for 05. Not 04. Thanks,

Please don't delete if I did something wrong, just tell me.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
It is hard to give you advice on the 05's right now since none have come out. Most of the people here will only give you advice based on personal experience and not what they read b/c magazines do have a bias (whether intentional or not).

Also, you did not mention if you want another 125, a 250 fourstroke, a 250 two-stroke or a 450.

Thanks for reading the rules.

Ivan

ZR2

Jun 24, 2003
I stated that I wanted a 4 stroke 250 and yes I wanted to stay in the 125 class. Thanks, anyone got any opinions then?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Sorry, I missed the part about the 4-stroke 250.

Personally, I have seen a lot of great things out of the CRF250 and the YZ250F. I had an 01 YZ250F and have recently ridden an 03 and an 02. The YZ250F has GREAT power everywhere.

The CRF250 felt liked it lacked a little down low but felt ok up top. The suspension on the CRF250 was hands down the best.

The RMZ and KXF's all have had good reviews and those I know that have ridden them like them.

You can basically pick a color and you won't go wrong.

Find the best price and best support and go with that brand.

Personally, since I pay for everything on my own I would go for the CRF b/c of the suspension. Plus I really like Honda's (I have a CRF450 now).

TTYL
Ivan

Top Bottom