mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Looking at buying a new crf450 for Harescramble’s this year. I wanted a new ’08 with a carb, wanted to stay away from the fuel injection model just because it’s new and I know nothing about it. However I have found a good price on 09 models. So whets the general consensus with the first year Honda FI bike? How reliable is the FI. What special equipment is needed to service and adjust the FI components.

Last edited:

fordmugg

Jan 30, 2010
i know they had some issues with the 09's with the injection and idle dropping in corners and causing the bike to stall. i know what your going through because i was at thoes crossroads too. i did all my research and after all was said and done i got an 08 crf450r and i love the bike. good luck on your search

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Heres my 2 cents! I got a smokin deal on the 08' Carby and cant say enough about handling and performance. Forks are a little harsh even for my 210lb carcas but have found clickers will smooth it out a little. The 09's have had a few issues from what i've read but, hey it's a Honda, how bad can it be! I know there are still a few 08's out there, check it out.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
found a new 08 and hauled it home friday. I'll put up some pic's a little later, got to go ride today. Mikey likes it, says "it handles just like his 250 but with more power". just what i wanted

Top Bottom