tsquared

Aug 16, 2004
I am thinking about picking up a 99 RM250, but I know nothing about the bikes. I have owned YZ's and CR's, but never an RM. Anyone have any thoughts good or bad all comments would be appreciated. I have not seen the bike yet, but the guy said that it looks bad but runs decent, he is asking $800.

What do you guys think???

Thanks

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Check the bike out first for that price, I got my 99 RM250 for $750 and I was skeptical about the condition before I saw it. Ended up being the cleanest bike I have ever owned cause the guy raced street bikes and wrecked his bike so he needed money before the next race in a week. I love the 99, I had a 96 rm250 and liked that as well but the front suspension always felt like it was going to collapse under me. The 99 feels like its on rails. I love it, I still have to do some more fine tuning but nothing serious. For that price, if its in good condition I would buy it and if you dont like it you can sell it for more easily. Good Luck

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
If its pretty beat up i would stay away from it, my bike was just luck how nice it was. If you mean beat up by the plastics are crap then no big deal but def inspect that thing good and find out its past if possibly. Could turn out to be good for ya or turn out to be a living hell. Good Luck with the decision

Top Bottom