rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
Hey guys, i'm going through my bike right now stripping the whole thing down and getting everything ready to ride again. I just did my first trip to the Oregon Dunes where we rode for 3 days straight. My chain is garbage now, so i need a new one. My rear sprocket is a nearly new steel one that i run the bush so i think i'll keep that. Basically i'm looking for a good chain for a good price. O ring or X ring doesn't matter to me. I ran a DID non o ring and it lasted me well, until we hit the sand. When i order it do i need a 520, 114 link or something. My bike is a 03 cr250. And lastly, i'm in Canada, so i think i'll order online or look for a deal on ****. Thanks guys

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
If you aren't going to be changing sprockets and you were satisfied with the performance of the DID non o-ring, I suggest sticking with it. Used sprockets do wear out new chains more quickly. In the case of a non o-ring chain, that's no big deal because they only cost $25-$40. The rear sprocket will probably last about as long as the 2nd chain as well. The front may have to be replaced some time between. An o-ring chain runs $50-90 and risking premature wear on that much money doesn't seem as good of an idea. You'll also probably have to replace the sprockets at some point during the chain's life and a worn chain may also chew up the sprockets.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
Thanks Steve, those prices are excellent. Now i'll just have to see if they ship to Canada. I decided i'll buy new front and rear sprockets too. I'm going to go down a tooth to a 50 on the rear and i'll go steel again. Take care man and thanks again.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
My last three chains have been DID o-ring's, yours should too.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
D.I.D.

Last edited:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
02yz426f said:
Everybody thinks D.I.D. is better than renthal here? Why or why not?

I've been very satisfied with DID o-ring chains and how long they last, so I don't have a reason to try a Renthal chain. :cool:

Top Bottom